Nordic Wannabee Tournament - Redux

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention Section One!

Have any of you guys heard from Rother in the last 10 days or so? If not, we have a commander missing in action or even AWOL. If this is the case we will have to promote his second in command. If you're in Section One please post any info you may have on our missing commander. Thanks!!

Fight on!

Treeburst155 out.

Redwolf,

What turn are you on with Rother? How many files have been exchanged?

Let's hope Rother makes it back from behind enemy lines. I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes they haven't captured him. smile.gif

We can't wait too long, so post here if you hear from him. I just may have a good replacement for him already if necessary.

Treeburst155 out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Redwolf,

What turn are you on with Rother? How many files have been exchanged?

Let's hope Rother makes it back from behind enemy lines. I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes they haven't captured him. smile.gif

<hr></blockquote>

If he is behind my lines in THAT game, my *BEEP* would have *BEEP*ed him and we wouldn't have a game to replay :)

Not a sight and the last file I sent was 008. IIRC that means I have seen two movies and he would see his third when opening this file.

If we have to replace him and you have some time left, I think it would be best you view both movies from both sides and then give my new opponent comparable intelligence to what I have. Or outright give him comparable sightings without caring for the moves, we won't plot the same anyway.

Havin said this, doesn't this count as an implicit surrender for him? :D

Cpl. Carrot,

Since you are from New Zealand I will have no choice but to replace you if you are unavailable for three full days. There's just too much slacking off down there in NZ. :D

Redwolf,

Since you have only seen two movies, I think we can just continue your game with the new guy, if we do need a new guy. Do you have all the files you sent to Rother? If I could get the movie files that open with his password I could just pass them along to the new guy. He would be able to see all the movies that Rother has seen.

Hopefully Rother will turn up. I will only wait about 48 more hours however. This is because he did not inform anyone he intended to be unavailable for such a long time.

Treeburst155 out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

Cpl. Carrot,

Since you are from New Zealand I will have no choice but to replace you if you are unavailable for three full days. There's just too much slacking off down there in NZ. <hr></blockquote>

Oh Ok. Best of luck to my replacement then. Hope you arn't in to much bother with my results.

Seriously, it is looking like I will not have time to complete my turns before I go away for my holiday. Dreadfully sorry, will definately do them when I get back on Sunday evening.

Cpl Carrot

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]

UPDATE: Turns are out - Got to Run

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]</p>

Just wanted to warn everybody in Section 4, that there will be no turns from me next week (for obvious reasons). Have a great holidays!

P.S. And i hope when i come to work on January 2, there will be a fresh turn from Dogface in my box waiting for me.

Hi all,

I´ve played ciks and strider, both games are done.

Mr_Johnson kicks my sorry a** all over the map, this game wont last long, I think.

Waiting for Dogface and Sgt. Kelly .

PS : Playing rematch against ole strider. He seems to think that my first win was pure luck on my side. I will teach him ... 8)

Scheer out

Just to let everyone know that my ability to send return files of late has been patchy, at best, due to the Christmas period but I hope to be up & running on a reliable basis once we're over the 25th. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas & then our pixelated soldiers can get stuck into the serious business of killing each other again.

Have fun!

Jim R.

Redwolf, 2MB for AAR file is fine.

I was just thinking about Rother. I'm trying to decide whether to wait until after Christmas to replace him. It might be hard to do right now with the holidays. Lots of people will be unavailable. We'll still have about 7 weeks after Christmas. I'll start looking around for somebody now.

Treeburst155 out.

Just a quick note to let my remaininmg opponents know (i.e. Lopaka, Cpl. Carrot & Wreck) that I'm now back on track with Christmas now out of the way for another year & my ability to return game files will be greatly enhanced from now on.

I hope every body enjoyed (or are enjoying) their Christmas and I look forward to continuing the hostilities shortly!

Regards

Jim R.