Nordic Wannabee Tournament - Redux

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And "possibly" unbalanced scenarios are the secret to spending three times the hours in decent plans.

Is my greatest concern to cut off enemy retreat fro start? Or is it to be prepared to flee?

I will not play anymore today, the TOAW AI just waxed me (give it initiative, plenty of supply and a small enough map so that battle distances are < 1/3 of motorized movement and it can outcalculate you badly).

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

BTW, do you think such a show will take off in your homeland? smile.gif

<hr></blockquote>

While we don't have a Russian version of Jerry Springer, we have the next best thing - a certain fellow named Zherenovskie. You may have seen him on American "World's stupidest - " shows of somesort. He's the guy who takes off his shoes to beat people with when he can't make a descent argument, and throws glasses of water at people when he's angry.

Quite the laugh riot if you momentarily forget that this is what passes for a respected politician here. :rolleyes:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The Commissar:

Quite the laugh riot if you momentarily forget that this is what passes for a respected politician here. :rolleyes: <hr></blockquote>

I remember that this guy gave us quite a shiver here up north when he started to imply that Finland should be a part of Russia again. This was at a time when the political situation in Russia seemed quite unstable.

Lately we've associated him with nude dancing and stuff like that. Still gives us a shiver, but for completely different reasons.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nabla:

I remember that this guy gave us quite a shiver here up north when he started to imply that Finland should be a part of Russia again. This was at a time when the political situation in Russia seemed quite unstable.

<hr></blockquote>

Oh, he has quite the good number of, how shall I put this, "unique" political agendas. For one, he feels Russia should be on the Islamic/Arabic side because, and I quote, "They have all the oil". I'm surprised he has any sort of support at all. Mostly from uninformed people I suspect, and there are unfortunately many of them in every country.

Group 1 peeps:

I haven't heard from some of you in a while.. as far as I know all my turns have been sent out. If you haven' received them or if you haven't heard from me, let me know.

Here is where I stand vis-a-vis you guys right now:

Redwolf: sent turn 19 today

Rother: turn 6 sent

SGT Gold: turn 1 sent

Mare Icthys: turn 7 sent

Cooper: turn 16 sent

Lemme know if there has been anything wrong.. my connection has resulted in some missed/screwed up file transfers.

Thumpre-I got your file 12/Axis 4 plus movie, and returned file 13/Movie 4 to you, but you may not receive this if you are in the middle of changing email address. Let me know if you need it resent once your new ISP is up and running.]

A1steaks-reply coming shortly!Just finished one of the Scenarios, so should have more time now for turns.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fytinghellfish:

Group 1 peeps:

I haven't heard from some of you in a while.. as far as I know all my turns have been sent out. If you haven' received them or if you haven't heard from me, let me know.

Here is where I stand vis-a-vis you guys right now:

Redwolf: sent turn 19 today

Rother: turn 6 sent

SGT Gold: turn 1 sent

Mare Icthys: turn 7 sent

Cooper: turn 16 sent

Lemme know if there has been anything wrong.. my connection has resulted in some missed/screwed up file transfers.<hr></blockquote>

To group #1, I checked all my files and it's your turn.

Why I will win one of my scenarios:

On close inspection, my historical heroes contain a tanker named "WB Wilder." He had to have lived in order to spawn someone else named Wilder, (probably Gene), so that means I'll have an invulnerable tank the entire game! Who needs tactics?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by White4:

Why I will win one of my scenarios:

On close inspection, my historical heroes contain a tanker named "WB Wilder." He had to have lived in order to spawn someone else named Wilder, (probably Gene), so that means I'll have an invulnerable tank the entire game! Who needs tactics?<hr></blockquote>

Sorry White4, but Gene Wilder's parents were named William J. and Jeanne (Baer) Silberman. And he was born in 1933 - long before your battle took place. In fact his name was originally Jerome Silberman.

Maybe Billy Wilder's your guy - but alas, I think he was born before even Gene.

So I wouldn't stick that Tanker's neck out too far.

Hi,

to all in the mighty Section four:

ciks vs. me --- nearly done, ciks kicks my a**

strider vs. me --- we´re in the last turns also. Outcome still uncertain, maybe slight advantage for me ( I think ).

Sgt_Kelly vs. me --- seems to be the end of the beginning, not much contact.

Mr_Johnson vs. me --- like the above, except Mr_Johnson loves full contact CMBO .

Shadow vs. me --- nothing, nada, zilch.

Has anyone of you gentleman heard from the mysterious shadow ?

Scheer out.

Another Section 4 player who hasn't heard from Shadow...I too feel we need to find someone else, and soon, to insure we really will have enough time to give our replacement.

For me : Everyone else in Section 4 is doing great with turns...I almost always have a turn waiting from each of them when I get home from work.

Scheer : You really don't believe I've a battleship coming up that river ???? Man, are you in for a surprise smile.gif

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: Strider ]</p>

Yeah, as long as you keep that battleship under command of a leader with the double stealth bonus it's hard to spot. :D

I agree we should replace Shadow while there's still plenty of time for the new guy. I was thinking in terms of you guys only. I forgot that the new guy will have to play ALL the games in the remaining time. I'll go to work on it that right now.

Treeburst155 out.