Winterized Doodads

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

My guess is there's a 'place doodads' option in the map/scenario designer, where you can lay extra terrain widgets over the top of the map - craters, foxholes, etc.

I agree. I hope we can also place AFV hulks on the field in the scenario designer as well; to simulate an area that has already been fought over at least once before. I always disliked how CMBO's battlefields looked almost new when you start a new scenario.</font>

Will we be getting more variety of snow covering included in CMBB? I was thinking in particular, along the lines of Tom's "Bulge" terrain (frosty, light snow covering). It would be great if we could have a choice in-game (depending on time of year and regional variations etc. etc.), rather than having to go through 3rd party mod managers and such like.

Hehe, BTS should do us a favor...

Make the BMP-allocation database public, with fields for season & general terraine. Do we really want to use the same camo for nothern fall terrain like for spring steppe? Or the same building in NW and SE Russia? :D

Originally posted by The Commissar:

MadMatt,

One small question: is terrain other then buildings damaged by heavy arty now? Maybe this is beyond the code's current ability, and if so I understand, but that "Huge Crater" I see near the graveyard could have probably shattered like half the tombstones, thus reducing the cover they afford. This probably is beyind engine limits, but one can always hope...

Can wood be splintered? Will wheat/bushes/wood burn down? Will craters hinder vehicel movement? Do we have AT trenches & AT barricades?

Originally posted by Manx:

Will we be getting more variety of snow covering included in CMBB? I was thinking in particular, along the lines of Tom's "Bulge" terrain (frosty, light snow covering). It would be great if we could have a choice in-game (depending on time of year and regional variations etc. etc.), rather than having to go through 3rd party mod managers and such like.

Sorry, took a while to locate this screenie (thanks Wolfe! but I think the ground cover here looks like either "light snow" or maybe "spring thaw". Anyway, definitely along the lines of the Bulge Mod, although I expect this feature to have gameplay affects.

cmbb04.jpg

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Sorry, took a while to locate this screenie (thanks Wolfe! but I think the ground cover here looks like either "light snow" or maybe "spring thaw".[/QB]

Almighty! The houses have a shadow now!?