CMBB Flag Mod

Heinz Thorwald asked me to mod the flags for him. I tested them in the demo, and it works fine, I think they should work OK in the full game.

anyway thought some of you maybe interested in them. Sorta more 3D and realistic looking. Both the ingame flags and the small console ones. Consider them as a Beta verison, I didn't spend much time with them.

pic

CCJ_GermanFlagMod.JPG

German - Reichskriegsflagge version

CCJ_RussianFlagMod.JPG

Russian

feeback is welcome

download here - grab em while you can - They may not stay here long

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/coolcolj/CMBB_Mods/CCJ_CMBB_RealisticFlagsV1.00.zip

If any sites wanna host em - ask me smile.gif

[ September 20, 2002, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: CoolColJ ]

CoolColJ,

Flags look really good.

My question is as follows. The flags here as well as the ones in the demo all appear to me to be too short. When one is placed in woods and/or multi-story buildings I'd suspect (havn't seen it yet to know for sure cuz I live in good ole USA and I don't have my bloody game yet!!! :mad: ), etc., the flags are half buried in the terrain. Why are they not taller so one can easily see them no matter what terrain they are placed in??????

Regards,

Mikester

Originally posted by CoolColJ:

They should work with the full game - just copy and overwrite the original files in the texture directory. Off course it would be wise to backup the originals smile.gif

I will fix up the German flag sometime this weekend and make a normal version as well.

The full game flags are twice as large as the CMBO and CMBB Demo bmps - word to the wise.