Two Wittmans

I was just playing the Villers-Bocage operation and after the first battle I have 5 tiger tanks left. One being Wittman. When I started the second battle I noticed that not only do I have the first tank Wittman started in, but I also have the second tank he takes over in the second battle! So I now have two elite Wittman commanded tanks. talk about a reinforcement! :D :eek:

Just to let everyone know who was curious about what happened to my two Wittmanns; well I HATE to say it but both got knocked out in the second battle of the scenario. I did end up getting a total victory for the operation but I advanced my tank force a little too quickly and let the Shermans and Cromwells get too close. lost a few more tanks than I should have for it but I guess I still have to shake the Command and Conquer "tank rush" out of me. after all this is a REAL wargame.

Since I designed the op here's the real scoop. The odds of a realistically acting Wittmann suriving the first scenario are low (Unless you run him away somewhere safe or get very lucky). However in RL after getting his tank knocke out he and his crew moved out 5 miles back to Div HQ and led a second force back to VB so I include him again. If having a second Wittmann bothers anyone just assume the other Wittmann is actually Joe Wittmann. No relation to the first one.

Los :D

I was playing the villars-bocage scenario a week ago and decided to have fun.

What would happen if Wittman was equipped with IMO the best tank of WWII? The Panther.

I found the only real way to beat that damn scenario is to have wittman lay the ground work for the other tanks to deal with the HTs. He was a real killer also. Usually killing 8 HTs and a couple of shermans before going down. I did have him survive once only to have his track knocked off by that damned AT gun in the rear of the town.

Kind of fun IMHO smile.gif

Gen