Russian AA guns... my dilemma

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

*Helps Eden back up onto the turnip truck*

Oh crap.

That's simply not fair at all. I know that BFC did alot of research for this game, and... fine.

You turkeys are first on my list for TCP challenges when I have sufficient courage to play humans or demi-humans. So there.

Eden

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JonS:

Weren't you paying attention? I said this information had been suppressed by the Soviet hierachy, so it hasn't had a chance to get into the mainstream. Not even Glantz knew about it. In fact, when he was asked about it last week he responded by saying "Well, fvck me! That explains the Soviet success at Kursk. Excuse me, if have to go now and rewrite my book."

As I said, BFC were the ones who uncovered this, and chose to include it in their games rahter than just going with the longstanding myths. The reference is the game.

I have to suppose you're being completely serious. That's quite a remarkable claim- if that's true then I was very wrong when I thought I was already as impressed as I would be.

Is there a specific thread announcing this, erm discovery, or debunkery, or whatever?

Eden</font>

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

*Helps Eden back up onto the turnip truck*

Oh crap.

That's simply not fair at all. I know that BFC did alot of research for this game, and... fine.

You turkeys are first on my list for TCP challenges when I have sufficient courage to play humans or demi-humans. So there.

Eden</font>

Originally posted by Da Beginna:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

The Germans have a word for humourless? That's like the Welsh having a word for rain or pineapples having a word for motor racing.

Yeah and the British for "good food" or "pretty girls"...</font>

Originally posted by JonS:

Not even Glantz knew about it. In fact, when he was asked about it last week he responded by saying "Well, fvck me! That explains the Soviet success at Kursk. Excuse me, if have to go now and rewrite my book."

Speaking of that has anyone noticed even good ol' Col. Glantz refers to the gun on a Panther as an 88 in "When Titans Clashed"?

Either that or I thought I was reading that book while actually I was reading "Band of Brothers"....um, yeah, very similar writing styles.

Edited to make note of the fact that Mr. Soddball is trumpeting about British hygene while forgetting about British dental "hygene", a.k.a. "black, rotting, and crooked".

[ November 14, 2002, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Lumbergh ]

You Americans and your obsession with British teeth! What is it with you people? By the way, "Hygiene" contains an "i". You people - great on teeth and superficiality, nonces when it comes to spelling.

Still, I suppose that when the average American weighs only slightly less than the average American car, they have to have something to cheer themselves about.

Edited to sing songs to my auntie.

[ November 15, 2002, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Soddball ]

You're not thinking of my part of Kent. Simon Elwen will confirm - all the best girls come from West Kent - it's where all the public schools are.

Edited to clarify for our dim cousins across the water: a 'Public' school in the UK is a selective school where the parents pay fees.

[ November 15, 2002, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Soddball ]

Originally posted by Da Beginna:

You are going for school girls?

Well, hopefully they are better than the older ones I know. Maybe I got a bit spoiled here in Sweden...

Drinking until they are pretty is to expensive here anyway. Greetings to the UK. :D

Tch. Nonce. I mean that all the posh girls go to school around here, then stay on. The quality is vastly superior to the heaving chubsters of Essex and East Kent, or the dowdy wenches of the north.

Originally posted by Fly Pusher:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Tch. Nonce. I mean that all the posh girls go to school around here, then stay on. The quality is vastly superior to the heaving chubsters of Essex and East Kent, or the dowdy wenches of the north.

That'll be north of Watford I presume ?</font>

To Kanonier:

Don´t let Andreas fool you. Humour is an alien concept to us. Therefore there are no such words in the German language.

Square-headed in Frankfurt

Nolloff

Btw: What about our PBEM ?

[ November 16, 2002, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Nolloff ]