You Germans have it; now tell us about it.

KG_Jag

I wish the first group that received CMBB included Americans of German descent. But since it didn't, the least you guys can do is tell us something about the full version of the game. Bitte! It's not much to ask in light of all that money we sent over there to rebuild your country after the real thing!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thx for the money, we rebuild the postservice at first (and it works, we get our games much faster then 1943 ...)

The game is great, i didnt like the demo, but the full version is damm good.

The performance is pretty good too. I am playing 700-1200 points quick battles and the "waiting time" is like combat mission 1.

(in the demo version i have to wait 90 seconds for the next turn, now i have "no" ( > 10 seconds)delay (pentium 3 450, 196 mb ram, voodoo 3).

The sound is AWESOME, i read a post "where is the atmosphere, cmbb is not combat mission 1", forget this posts, the atmosphere is brilliant.

(my opinion)

new features i realy like:

planes (they attack many times, first with bombs, then with MG, if they have any bombs left, they use them too)

quik battle features:

how much ammo, how much men in a squad, fitness level, and so on.

MG much better:

I tried the good old tactic to overhelm an enemy position with my infantrie ...

the defenders: 10 russion guys (drinking german beer) and a "valentien"(british (?) infantrie tank)

attacker: 4 squads german infantrie (veteran) and the HQ of the squad (45 men german veteran infantrie)

i have to cross 150 meter to get into a good position, i order to run .......

at the end of the turn, NOBODY reach the destination, most units were broken and retreat.

i lost 20 men, and the russion infantrie didnt stop drinking beer .....

tank system:

same game, a Panzer 3 try to kill one of this valentien tanks (60 mm steel EACH side ....), distance 450 meter ...

after 5 shoots and many hits my panzer 3 retreats in panic (smart comander), this tactic saved his life.

the panzer 3 can kill the other tank, BUT he need a lot of luck, and the other tank can kill him much faster, its logical to retreat, but they try to kill him.

there are many small changes that realy makes life easier (u can activate "labels" above your soldiers (there is a text like (broken, low on ammo, panic) u dont have to click on every damm single unit to watch their status.

its a GREAT game, and the demo is crap smile.gif

my english isnt very good, i hope u understand what i try to say.

That's a big 10-4 Achim. We read you loud and clear. Your English is much better than my Deutsch. Thanks for taking a break from the game and giving us your observations. Now the rest of you good buddies in Deutschland come back. We want to hear from more of you!

Originally posted by Achim:

The game is great, i didnt like the demo, but the full version is damm good.

Somehow, I think that all the demo's critics are going to be singing a different tune in a few days . . .

Then who cares about what scenarios are in the demo! Personally, I liked the demo, but I loose sleep thinking about the full version!

Chad

See the post 'European Manual Query'. It's true. However, Madmatt has indicated there will be an announcement soon to 'make everyone happy again'. Hope so, 'cause I ain't happy at all at the moment. Everyone I know who plays in the UK (12-14) has cancelled their order with the various retailers. They ain't happy either. I say 12-14 because 2 are ditching it altogether. Mind you, if BFC can work round it ditching the game seems a bit dumb. But, I can see their point.

Originally posted by Achim:

there are many small changes that realy makes life easier (u can activate "labels" above your soldiers (there is a text like (broken, low on ammo, panic) u dont have to click on every damm single unit to watch their status.

I don't mean to spoil your party, but this was already in CMBO. Don't worry, only yesterday I found out that halftracks can fly... Really.

See the CMBO Memorial thread.

...i bought it already yesterday, got problems with the setup, but now it runs perfectly !...QB-

maps are looking great, very nice scenarios (did one called: Die Pförtner- the gatekeepers;

based in summer 41 on the southern part of the front; two platoons of PzKpfw III, supported by

several AT`s and 105 mm howitzers shall prevent

several platoons T 34`s and infantry units from

crossing a bridge- this was fun !!!)...the operations are great, checked one called Blitzkrieg( between your position and yor target,

Moscow, lays a bunch of Molotovcocktailthrowing- farmers,the Red Army, this was fun too :D !!!)

...a little bit sad are following points: no GAZ

Jeeps, only Willys; the great hungarian Csaba- Scoutcar is represented by a SdKfz 222; PAK 37

is always dakyellow; german AA- halftrucks are always threecolored; the axis truck is always the Opel Blitz; the T 44 is a T 34/85...but nevertheless i think the boys and girls from battlefront will change these little things soon :rolleyes::rolleyes: ...

Let`s fight, comrades !

" Equal goes it loose " ( Heinrich Lübcke, former german president)

Just played my first quick battle and I gotta say I love CM BB. It might not be obvious but there's been a lot of changes since CMBO I think.

MGs: They're killers! I had a small forrest defended by a single 1945 SS squad and an MG 42. Literally hundres of Russians tried to storm this forrest, but they never made it. In the end, the MG 42 bagged 52 casualties, the SS squad 50. Luckily I was able to take out all russian armor before the attack came, I couldn't have defended the position against tanks I think.

Jabos are great. I used a couple of Hs-129s Panzerknackers and they did a great job (even knocked out an IS-3s by top penetration).

I like the fact that tank crews can panic now: I had a single Königstiger (regular), I took out of hiding once my PAKs, Panzerschrecks and planes had eliminated the russian armor. I sent the Königstiger over to the forest to help fend of russian infantry. 3 or 4 AT rifles hit the tank's front repeatedly from 200 to 300 meters. None got through of course, but after 10 or 15 hits, the crew (who had lost its commander) panicked and retreated from combat. I think that's pretty realistic, I just hope crack and elite crews don't panic this fast in a similar sitution... ;)

Gotta say that I didn't care much about the demo, but the full game rocks! Just seeing all the available units in CMBB, I know it'll take weeks before I'm gonna put this game down for a while... smile.gif

Sascha

The Gatekeeper Scenario (Die Pförtner) is pretty "funny", and i hate the variable turn end ...

i have to play 30 turns, they say in the briefing:

hold the position for 25 turns ....

in this 5 turns the russian general killed 5 tanks :(

the fight ended with a draw, at turn 25 it was a victory ...

(but at turn 33 it would be a mayor defeat smile.gif )

i love this game.

i hope that everbody get the game pretty fast, i like to read your postings and storys.

the manual: the pdf file only explain how the editor works, and the quick battle.

thats it, the whole manal is in the PDF + the editor stuff.

@Sgt_Kelly: np smile.gif

i never recognize this feature, but this time its explained in the game manual (my Combat Mission I ist pretty old, with an old manual, or i didnt read it ....).

ah yes, and the quick battle editor save your last quick battle options, u dont have to do all the settings over and over again (i hope its a NEW feature smile.gif ).

No real Csaba in the game? I hope a patch is coming soon!

If I know right, the Tas has never been produced is series, only 1-2 wooden prototypes made. But it could be lethal with its Panther cannon, and, aaand it looked very evil... smile.gif

Gud:

It's a shame, but I don't know nothing about the Arpad. What kind of weapon was that?

I wrote something on the "whooooo i got it earlyer..or else thread" go and take a look.

I love the Pz. IIIM with the long 50mm gun...couldn count how many T-34 and SU-122 i killed with thems.

A lot of realy beautifully at guns...

100mm russian gun arent so powerfull as i expected...performance like the gun on the panther.

The most he explosive factors r higher than in cm:bo...for example: Tigers 88mm he is now around 70. 75mm guns 45-49. Dont know how comparative it is to the cm:bo standards.

Originally posted by Adam T:

No real Csaba in the game? I hope a patch is coming soon!

If I know right, the Tas has never been produced is series, only 1-2 wooden prototypes made. But it could be lethal with its Panther cannon, and, aaand it looked very evil... smile.gif

Gud:

It's a shame, but I don't know nothing about the Arpad. What kind of weapon was that?

Tas and Arpad shared the same chassis. Tas was to be Panther-like tank with 75L70 gun, Arpad was to be Jagdpanther-like with 88mm gun. IIRC one prototype of Arpad was completed and took part in defence of it's factory (Gyor area).

Originally posted by Stickel:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stickel:

PAK 37 is always dakyellow

No it isn't, build a 1941 AG North scenario, and tell me what you see.</font>