Who's For a Jolly Sing Song, and Another Go At the Peng Challenge?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by athkatla:

My god, I really do think that Bo Diddley is genuinely scared of taking on my ready-to-die Frenchies in mortal combat! Turn 21/30 and he finally sends a HT tentatively forward, fires a quick burst, then reverses the hell out of Dodge!! Oh Hurrah.....well done old chap.......is that the best you got? When I've unhinged your brain(?) with the sight of hundreds of your scum bag cowards dieing around you, then I shall see to you...........Prepare to die!

But see? That's what I've been asking of you right from the get-go. Instead of sending your hapless French surrender-monkeys out one by one send them all out. Please. Do it now. I'm dying of ennui.

(I hate to repeat myself, but as you spent so many years in the British Army, you've already demonstrated that you're a little on the "slow" side, so here goes again. "I'm not coming into the woods looking for you. I'm quite happy where I am, thank you very much. Now go watch the telly until your eggy-weggy is done."

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by athkatla:

My god, I really do think that Bo Diddley is genuinely scared of taking on my ready-to-die Frenchies in mortal combat! Turn 21/30 and he finally sends a HT tentatively forward, fires a quick burst, then reverses the hell out of Dodge!! Oh Hurrah.....well done old chap.......is that the best you got? When I've unhinged your brain(?) with the sight of hundreds of your scum bag cowards dieing around you, then I shall see to you...........Prepare to die!

But see? That's what I've been asking of you right from the get-go. Instead of sending your hapless French surrender-monkeys out one by one send them all out. Please. Do it now. I'm dying of ennui.

(I hate to repeat myself, but as you spent so many years in the British Army, you've already demonstrated that you're a little on the "slow" side, so here goes again. "I'm not coming into the woods looking for you. I'm quite happy where I am, thank you very much. Now go watch the telly until your eggy-weggy is done."</font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Right then ... I'm back ... AND THERE'LL BE HELL TO PAY ... just as soon as I get caught up!

Joe

Just because you had to put your entire treasured collection of Doris Day albums into hock to pay for your vacation, don't expect any sympathy from us.

You'll just have to expand your newspaper route and pedal your bicycle a little farther before you can get your diva's records back.

Originally posted by rune:

I will await Buzzsaw's first game before I send him on that quest, fair lady. After all, he can be demoted to SSN again, as I have not heard a word since he challenged the Canadian one.

Rune

Well then let me be the first to enlighten you, you {censored} {censored} beta {censored} {censored} tester {censored}.

Your squire has failed you and I (or both of us maybe even) miserably. I 'splained the rules to him, and he apparently simply ignored them, for I DIDN'T LOSE!!

{Censored}!

Allies 29, Axis 30..a Draw!! Now please tell me how I am supposed to get up (down?) the unladder with a draw?! Rotten {censored} beta {censored} tester {censored} knagget's useless squire anyways.

So anyways, everything else is fine thanks. Simon appears to be dying satisfactorily (wanker), Lurker is cowering in a hole that he appears to have pulled in after himself and Mace (gamey bastage) is going to crush me nicely now that he has decided to send a turn more than once a spin around the sun.

And Joe is home!! Hooray!!

I'm truely screwed now. Yup.

Insert more Squire To Sir Joe Shaw stuff here.

Buzzsaw,

After you clean the stables, I want a full run down of your battle with the Canadian one. Also, a picture is to be sent to the fair lady, and NO excuses.

once you are done with that, I expect a good taunt to another squire, and this time with a little more bite to it.

I also want a 10 page essay on why Joebob the Hutt can't fly an IL2 even if it was sitting on a runway.

The and only then, may you have a little rest before boot I decide boot what evilness boot you are to play Harv again. Boot This time you must Boot humilate him.

Good squires are just so hard to find these days...

Rune

Originally posted by Goanna:

The current Marlow piece of ****e we are playing does show some promise of completion, however, given that the game has no resemblance to the briefing and his crack troops were placed in my green setup zones.

Didn't know you could read. There was a hint of his troop placement in the brief, but it was probably a bit too subtle for you Lizard Boy.

On a more important note, I am making my triumphant return to the MBT. I currently have games that have been on ice for a while with: Speedy, Sir Alphabet, jdmorse, Iskander, Croda, and Shandy Duncan. There may be others.

I also vaguely remember a game with MrSpnkr, that I’m not sure if I ever formally surrendered. If not, consider it done.

Nice to see my former Liege, rune, posting in the ‘Pool again (not that he ever did during my formative squire days). Never was a Squire more neglected by his master than I. He gave me a sharp stick, pointed me at Morse and his minions, and said “sick em boy, and make me proud.” And what happened next? After I dismembered the entire House Morse? Did he even acknowledge my deeds? {sob…} Did I even get a gob of spit on the head in recognition? Nooo. {sob…} Neither praise or the boot did I receive. {sob…} What did he ever do for me except to send me into the pool naked and alone. {sob… tissue please.} Now I here talk of him taking another squire? I can only hope that he takes better care of this one.

{YAWN!} GAWD, a Justicar's work is never done. Just get back from vacation and work, work, work ... oh well, to it I suppose:

I will await Buzzsaw's first game before I send him on that quest, fair lady. After all, he can be demoted to SSN again, as I have not heard a word since he challenged the Canadian one.

Rune

Rune, you are just as stupid and misbegotten as I recall from the Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned days ... and I thought you were REALLY stupid and misbegotten and that was before I HEARD you on Roger Wilco and as anyone who's heard your voice can attest ... oh well, you get the point.

I, as Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread now have authority over the appointment of Squires and I find YOUR choice not only uninspired but likely fueled by massive quantities of booze/drugs/ingested bugs.

Therefore I hereby proclaim that Scuzball be and is appointed as Serf to the CessPool and that his probabtionary period is and shall commence. Note that Buzzsaw (not bolded but spelt) is the Squire for ALL of the CessPool and that Rune has first rights of refusal as soon as he coughs up that moth and comes to his senses.

Harv you have my permission to play this Serf but I shall require that you post relevant portions of his emails to you so that we may all judge his worthiness vis-a-vis (and come see, come saw) to play against us in the future. Yes, yes, we don't normally quote from personal and private emails, but as long as HE'S aware of the situation he can run his emails through spell check first ... and grammar check ... and have them read by someone who actually UNDERSTANDS the English language. And Harv ... I'll need a really good polish on my boots tonight ... if you get my drift!

Oh and Harv, your paper for tonight will be 36 pages, single spaced with footnotes and bibliography and illustrations on the subject of: CMBB and Donkeys ... Effective Minefield Clearers or Totally Useless?"

We must be ever vigilant, my friends, Squires appointed willy-nilly (or for that matter ANY flavor of Nilly) will inevitably lead to such abortions as having Yeknodathon made first Squire, then Knight and then {shudder} Seniour Knight ... more on that miscarriage and further examinations of how things have lapsed in my absence later.

Joe

[ July 10, 2002, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

At what point did you ever think I would answer to the likes of you Joebob ? I almost rather play an Australian then to begin to listen to your Utah ways.

For this, I will rename but most conscript of Russian infantry in a scenario, and have him rush a German MG34. I may even take screenshots so that all may enjoy your demise.

Since you abandoned us in the IL2 forum, your words are like a sheep seeing Mace approach. Not matter how much you complain, you knwo you are still getting it in the end.

Rune

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

MEMORANDUM FOR: Bard

RE: Game vs Hiram

Sir,

The Offices of Hiram & Lackwit have sent you a setup per our previous arrangement. Please acknowledge receipt of said setup.

Dances with Mail,

Hiram

Yes, noted. I've been dealing with a number of issues involved with leaving town for 5 days. But I will send your setup tonight.

Originally posted by Marlow:

On a more important note, I am making my triumphant return to the MBT.

Truimphant means you actually had your fly zipped as you staggered through the grating?

Since Marlow is back, I will return to my story: 'Marlow Comes to Schloss Peng' as soon as I return from Canada.

Why after reading page after page of drivel, does one reply actually make me smile? It was Berli that made me laugh. Am I becoming evil? Have my more base desires come to the fore? I gladly acknowledge that I wallow in carnality with my chewy carnal center. My hedonistic activities demand constant intoxication coupled with foods that are bad for me. I now require a female with long finger nails to scratch my back.

Rune, how shameful that I have failed in this most simple quest. The summary is goes something like this:

1) I commit the fatal error of allowing Harv to chose the battle. He chooses an Omaha beach inspired scenario, with yours truly playing the noble American paratroopers, and Harv playing the stinking German swine.

2) It is only 12 turns long – not quite long enough for the cumulative effect of Harv’s tactical incompetence to ensure his defeat.

3) The Americans are given ½ Company to attack a full company of dug in Germans. My biggest firepower comes from a pair of fearsome 60mm mortars.

4) Because of the short duration, I decide to setup my forces fairly far forward. Unfortunately, both of my mortars, and ½ of a platoon are directly in the line of fire of a MG bunker.

5) Despite 1 thru 4, I am able to knock out the MG bunker, rout the defenders from the VLs, and place the remnants of one of my platoons right on one of the VLs. Unfortunately, Harv’s uncoordinated counterattack has left just enough of his cowering survivors in the vicinity to make the VL contested at the end of game.

Excuses, excuses, I know. Suffice to say, I have learned from my mistakes, and will give the little whelp a right sound beating next time we met.

In my other game, I have chosen to “probe” Lars across a largely open, medium- sized map. I have just now realized that a “probe” offers the defender all the advantages of defense, but gives the attacker less of a numerical advantage. I think this battle will break my string of draws.

My pictures from celebrations of this weeks “National Nude Recreation Week” should be developed soon. I’ll get digital versions of the best ones, and forward to Persephone ASAP.

At what point did you ever think I would answer to the likes of you Joebob ? I almost rather play an Australian then to begin to listen to your Utah ways.

For this, I will rename but most conscript of Russian infantry in a scenario, and have him rush a German MG34. I may even take screenshots so that all may enjoy your demise.

Since you abandoned us in the IL2 forum, your words are like a sheep seeing Mace approach. Not matter how much you complain, you knwo you are still getting it in the end.

Rune

I had hoped for more from you Rune, didn't EXPECT more but HOPED! But now I see that my hopes are yet again cruely dashed by your inability to string more than three words together that actually BELONG together. Oh well, perhaps you'll learn from us and be able to join the fray yet again.

I'll let you know if and when you may claim the Serf Buzzsaw (not bolded but spelt).

As to The Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned, after 40 or so iterations of Take Off, Crash, Take Off, Crash, repeat as necessary a certain degree of ennui does set in. And of course I had to talk to YOU a lot so the likelihood is that I crashed because I fell asleep whilst listening to you blather on and on.

Joe

I have no choice but to do the following.

Joebob , I hereby envoke a Blood Hamster Feud with you. I select Berli as my second if he will accept. Choice of weapon, CMBB quick battle, parameters of:

1941, Central, July, wind from SSE, random settings on forces, countries, divisions. You will be the conscript Russians, while I'll be the veteran Germans. Variable rarity will be played. Game to commence within 3 days, or you forfeit.

What is that you say? You don't have CMBB? No excuses...this is a Blood Hamster Feud . Alternative: You bypass Serf, make him my Squire [The boy shows promise], and MAYBE I'll tell Schrullenhaft to let you in.

Rune

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Why after reading page after page of drivel, does one reply actually make me smile? It was Berli that made me laugh. Am I becoming evil? Have my more base desires come to the fore? I gladly acknowledge that I wallow in carnality with my chewy carnal center. My hedonistic activities demand constant intoxication coupled with foods that are bad for me. I now require a female with long finger nails to scratch my back.

You are not becoming evil... it's just a classic case of mind numbingly boring posts all in a row

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Harv you have my permission to play this Serf but I shall require that you post relevant portions of his emails to you so that we may all judge his worthiness vis-a-vis (and come see, come saw) to ... blah blah blah

Joe

Joe Pshaw, your lazy fair attitude towards the rules of grammar are appalling...

And as a somefink with so many titles behind him (better than Mace or Harv behind you I guess) I would expect better.

After all, you don't want to offend the... er... um... it was French wasn't it. Hrmm...

Well no great loss. You're only offending the French. Yup, the French and those Canadians that claim to be French, but don't claim it hard enough to want to move back home now do they???

Never mind. Feel free to abuse the language.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

...as soon as I return from Canada.

Sorry to hear that your sentencing went so badly.

Next time you go shopping at the mall, stay out of the Winnie-the-Pooh section.

[ July 10, 2002, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Herr Oberst ]