looking for good back and forth op

Looking for a non-snow medium sized op with lots of back and forth action. By that I mean one side gains ground then reinforcements for the other side force them back and repeat. But in the end quite balanced. Combined arms.

Any suggestions?

Fate

Yes, there is one that I enjoyed. It is an operation about the Red Devil's at Arnhem, taking and holding or not, the bridge there, in Operation Market Garden. Includes a lot of uncertainty, surprises, day and night turns, some town fighting, lots of chances to use piats and gammon bombs. Reinforcements just at the right or wrong time.

Good luck.

Toad

I suggest you try Operation Switchback and Counterattack at sarrecourt.

Both are outstanding battles.

Switchback is a very detailed operation with accurate historical forces and a very well made map.

Sarrecourt gives you options to do a countrerattack in every battle if you can preserve your forces

Stoffel mentioned already the Switchback Operation which was extensively tested, but you have to be prepared to take heavy casualties and reorganize your forces at the start of each new battle.

If you would like to try out a big beast and at the same time decide about the choice of your forces, suggest you have a look at the Clervaux Operation map. You choose your own forces and look for an opponent that will do the same, I am willing to put the units on the map in the set up zone or fill up the reinforcement slots with your purchases. See for further details how to play this kind of game and the description, my web page at the link below.

[ August 11, 2002, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: McAuliffe ]

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info and help offered guys. We're currently involved in a couple ops I'm not that wild about, so Switchback and Counterattack at Sarrecourt are good possibilities.

McAuliffe, thanks for your offer on unit setup for Clervaux. We may take you up on that one as well.

BTW, never did get an answer to the quyestion on how ops are scored. Just units or does territory come into effect?