CMBB: Satchel Charges just became a lot more exciting!

Regarding flamethrowers, I'm finding them to be extremely effective in CMBB. They are much less likely to be instantly spotted, and killed and I've had a lot of fun using them to crawl through rubble and blast unwitting opponents.

The trick seems to be to get an enemy squad engaged with your infantry platoon, then sneak up your FT through the rubble and blast 'em. They break and become easy pickings for the infantry. Being able to use the sneak and move-to-contact commands is very helpful. And they can fast-move, if not advance. I also had a single FT hiding in a building take out two buttoned T-34's in succession (he died trying to kill a third). Not bad, IMHO.

Originally posted by CombinedArms:

Regarding flamethrowers, I'm finding them to be extremely effective in CMBB. They are much less likely to be instantly spotted ...

Yeah, here too. I'm thinking some portion of this is due to the reduced information available to the ai v. EFOW and inability to ID the unit so readily.

Originally posted by Agua:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CombinedArms:

Regarding flamethrowers, I'm finding them to be extremely effective in CMBB. They are much less likely to be instantly spotted ...

Yeah, here too. I'm thinking some portion of this is due to the reduced information available to the ai v. EFOW and inability to ID the unit so readily.</font>

Originally posted by CombinedArms:

BTW, I started having a lot more luck w/CMBO flamethrowers when I began using the oft-neglected 'crawl' command. "Move" through, say, woods until just out of LOS, then crawl the last few meters. In recent times I've often got w/in range that way, particuarly of surpressed units, then the FTs could clean up. But it's a lot easier in CMBB.

I have been playing with that method also and it seems to work very well. Especially when you have the enemy pinned down. Seems like every time someone happens to run to right where the flamethrower is while hes still moving!