Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

THE mods list?

All us modders loved that 'CombatMissions' site that dissolved a few months back. So now we have the HQ site, pretty good, no, REALLY good, but I can't seem to find that complete list of .bmp numbers/mods we used to find at that other site. Am I just missing the link?

We NEED those numbers.... smile.gif

Shoeman

Originally posted by mrcobbler:

All us modders loved that 'CombatMissions' site that dissolved a few months back. So now we have the HQ site, pretty good, no, REALLY good, but I can't seem to find that complete list of .bmp numbers/mods we used to find at that other site. Am I just missing the link?

We NEED those numbers.... smile.gif

Shoeman

Damnit, I remember looking at that and thinking "I'd better copy this in case it goes away."

Of course, I didn't ...

I've only just found out that Combat Missions has now gone -- the site was paid for up until the end of February, but it appears the site host has been a little too eager with the axe. I was intending on putting the MOD LIST, BMP LIST, and UNIT TACTICS pages up on CMHQ before the end of the month, but with me having PC problems it's looks like it may be a while longer.

This ain't been my year so far -- had loads of problems with my PC's since the New Year, and now it has finally decided to not to work at all. And i just found out that the job i have had for the past 18 years is about to go the same way.

Still...

Originally posted by Manx:

This ain't been my year so far -- And i just found out that the job i have had for the past 18 years is about to go the same way.

Manx, having survived downsizing from a job of 21 years, I know the feeling. The main thing to do is remember that as valuable as you were in the old job, you will be just as valuable in another. You personally are still as competent as you were before the job ended. You may have to start again at a lower level than you might wish, but you won't stay there long. There's no reason for you not to end up in an even better job, like I did. Best of luck to you. smile.gif

Originally posted by Manx:

I've only just found out that Combat Missions has now gone -- the site was paid for up until the end of February, but it appears the site host has been a little too eager with the axe. I was intending on putting the MOD LIST, BMP LIST, and UNIT TACTICS pages up on CMHQ before the end of the month, but with me having PC problems it's looks like it may be a while longer.

This ain't been my year so far -- had loads of problems with my PC's since the New Year, and now it has finally decided to not to work at all. And i just found out that the job i have had for the past 18 years is about to go the same way.

Still...

do you have copies of your site on your hard drive? if you lost anything google has caches of at least some of your site:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&safe=active&as_qdr=all&q=+site:www.combat-missions.net+%22combat+missions%22+UNIT+TACTICS+

and if time is an issue, i'm sure some of us will be glad to help do an archive.

too bad about yr job :( but with your obvious skills it should be not long before you're hired again!

Wow, that list is just what the doctor ordered! Got home from work and ...voila!

None of the links from Google worked, but I just selected all from your reply and copied the list to the clipboard then pasted into a WORD doc and it looks great!

Better grab that list Manx, if you lost your original.

...and I'm sorry to hear about the job problem. It's never a comfortable situation when you don't know for sure what's going to happen...

Shoeman

Originally posted by mrcobbler:

Wow, that list is just what the doctor ordered! Got home from work and ...voila!

None of the links from Google worked, but I just selected all from your reply and copied the list to the clipboard then pasted into a WORD doc and it looks great!

Better grab that list Manx, if you lost your original.

...and I'm sorry to hear about the job problem. It's never a comfortable situation when you don't know for sure what's going to happen...

Shoeman

hit the "CACHE" links in google search results. the 3 links i checked out worked fine.