I've been thinking....

Soldiers,

...which I do hardly enough. Anyway: Who actaully preffers winter games to summer/fall games? I try to avoide playing winter games, as they are simply to harsh on the eyes, or too bland. Now then, Tom's mod will change all this. Once more we get some more green on the awfull fields of white!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Soldiers,

...which I do hardly enough. Anyway: Who actaully preffers winter games to summer/fall games? I try to avoide playing winter games, as they are simply to harsh on the eyes, or too bland. Now then, Tom's mod will change all this. Once more we get some more green on the awfull fields of white!<hr></blockquote>

ROGER THAT!

I am eagerly awating the Bulge winter mod so that the winter sceanrios are not TOO UGLY to play.

I avoid winter and snow at all costs because it is virtually impossible to determine elevation.

OK I must have bad winter sceanary, but I have yet to see GOOD winter terrain sceanary.

-tom w

Soldiers,

...which I do hardly enough. Anyway: Who actaully preffers winter games to summer/fall games? I try to avoide playing winter games, as they are simply to harsh on the eyes, or too bland. Now then, Tom's mod will change all this. Once more we get some more green on the awfull fields of white!<hr></blockquote>

Agreed. I played one winter scenario and was turned off by the poor LOS and the bland look of the map.

Soldiers,

The way I see it (and THAT really doesn't matter much...), snow is bland: There's only one tree base, and guess what? It's white! All the houses are tonned towards white, with the roofs matching to ground. Wheat is white.... Ice is white..... All the trees are blank or white!! Think about that compared to a summer game! Complete contrast (Save for the hedge and bocage of course). The trees are even multicolored in the fall.... Some may argue that the summer trees are all green; I know modders who went out of their way to change the tone on trees, so that they are not one tonned (Gary Kump, BIG DD, Myself...).

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

Snow + thick fog give an better feeling of winter time than clear days and don't hurt the eyes as much.

Never tried night + thick fog + snow...<hr></blockquote>

Maybe cause you can't have night + thick fog + snow...

If you could, battles would be limited to fistfights only because of the horrible LOS.

I know I don't post here much, but I just thought I'd pipe up and say that I enjoy the snow scenarios. The eye-strain is bad, but it's realistic. (My eyes hurt after scooping snow for 30 minutes in real life too). I agree though, the Bulge mod does look sweet.

Soldiers,

The way I see it (and THAT really doesn't matter much...), snow is bland: There's only one tree base, and guess what? It's white! All the houses are tonned towards white, with the roofs matching to ground. Wheat is white.... Ice is white..... All the trees are blank or white!! Think about that compared to a summer game! Complete contrast (Save for the hedge and bocage of course). The trees are even multicolored in the fall.... Some may argue that the summer trees are all green; I know modders who went out of their way to change the tone on trees, so that they are not one tonned (Gary Kump, BIG DD, Myself...).<hr></blockquote>

In Europe (don't know about Canada, though) we have different colours of trees depending on season. In spring you can see all kind of variations of green colour, and in the autumn you can see red, yellow, green, yellow and all variations between these colours. But in winter you just can't have same trees like in autumn. The colourful leaves fall off (except from pinnes and other non-leaves trees which are green all year around) and you have just brown branches. Non-leaves (coniferous) trees are covered with snow and I really don't have any problems with snow terrain in CMBO. I can say that winter in Europe looks a lot like in this picture (look at the beautiful tree on the bottom right ):

sneg.jpg

But I'm still hungrily waiting for Tom's winter, which is absolutely awesome and will replace my current settings.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Porajkl ]</p>