Shades of Burt Reynolds!

MrSpkr

Okay, perhaps this is an old issue, but I noticed something incredibly frustrating last night as I played CMBO (and I REALLY hope it is changed in CMBB!)

I was playing an operation (Villers Bocage), and Herr Wittmann was marching his tiger merrily along down the road, destroying the British everywhere, when a shell set the paved road on fire!

On closer inspection, I found the terrain tile was actually a woods+paved road tile. Apparently, the woods caught fire, but the tile showed the whole road on fire.

Worse still, it would not let my Tiger advance along the road.

While there may be good reasons not to allow a vehicle to move into an ordinary flame tile, one would be hard pressed to justify not letting a 60 ton tank move down a road when the trees on either side were on fire.

A flaming log fell on the road? Roll over it -- it can't be that big.

Unless, of course, those dastardly Brits poured gasoline all over the road ala Braveheart before I arrived on the scene.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Hey dummy -- this is a serious thread. If you want to taunt, go elsewhere, you puerile little git.

Steve

The level of potshots and sniping on this board is indeed getting to be seriously annoying. Perhaps if everyone asked themselves "do I really think this comment will provide the basis for solid discussion", or alternately, "do I really think this comment is screamingly funny" or "do I like this person well enough - and vice versa - that I can say this without looking abusive" before posting, we would all be better off.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Hey dummy -- this is a serious thread. If you want to taunt, go elsewhere, you puerile little git.

Steve

Puerile, I notice you like to use that one alot. I am surprised that a lawyer couldn't come up w/ something more original! Your repeated use of this leads me to believe a.) either you believe that you are somehow superior to others here, or b.) your Mommy most have called you that so much that it stuck in your head.

As to your question, it's fascinating! I can't wait to see the responses!

I hate to answer this question in a serious manner. That being said, my father was the CO of an American regimental antitank company in the 94th DIvision (Yes, the same division from the scenario. He lost one of his batteries when the battalion surrendered.)

I had asked him about the use of willie pete when that was a topic on these boards and he mentioned that the German tanks often had fuel leaks and other flammable substances on their surfaces. If this is so, it seems reasonable to presume that a tank would not go merrily through any open flame source, regardless of how apparently small.

Originally posted by Poobear:

[/qb]

Puerile, I notice you like to use that one alot. I am surprised that a lawyer couldn't come up w/ something more original! Your repeated use of this leads me to believe a.) either you believe that you are somehow superior to others here, or b.) your Mommy most have called you that so much that it stuck in your head.

As to your question, it's fascinating! I can't wait to see the responses!

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

He reminds me of Iron Chef Sakai

Mabe a little bit, but he's not even near as witty and probably lacks his boyish good looks and charm. :D

Mr.Dorosh, i've recently made a couple comments to you in jest and am now wondering if you took offense to them? If so, I'll stop having fun with ya since i'm not here to annoy people.

Originally posted by Gaylord Focker:

Mr.Dorosh, i've recently made a couple comments to you in jest and am now wondering if you took offense to them? If so, I'll stop having fun with ya since i'm not here to annoy people.

I should probably do this by email, but what the hell - I wasn't sure how to take, them, honestly, which is why I didn't respond to them. You seem pretty levelheaded, really, and didn't see any reason for you to attack me - seemed out of character for you. So I held off until I could see one way or another. Everyone reaches a point, I suppose, where they think about someone else "hey, we've communicated with ("known") each other long enough, I can probably take the piss out of him without it being misinterpreted." So no worries at this end, no offence taken, just wasn't sure where I stood with you. Now I know. Not annoying at all, now that I am sure where you are coming from. :D

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The level of potshots and sniping on this board is indeed getting to be seriously annoying. Perhaps if everyone asked themselves "do I really think this comment will provide the basis for solid discussion", or alternately, "do I really think this comment is screamingly funny" or "do I like this person well enough - and vice versa - that I can say this without looking abusive" before posting, we would all be better off.

I thought my Salutations in your Birthday Thread

would serve to express my "Sniping Regrets"

But if that is not the case...

I offer an Apology & Request a Cease Fire

"Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of f****** a*******. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****ing fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"

;)

"Whattaya lookin' at? You're all a bunch of f****** a*******. You know why? 'Cause you don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ****ing fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what dat make you? Good? You're not good; you just know how to hide. Howda lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth--even when I lie. So say goodnight to the bad guy. Come on; the last time you gonna see a bad guy like this, let me tell ya. Come on, make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through; you better get outta his way!"

;)

Look at the Pelican fly......

tongue.gif

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Poobear should have ended his tirade with "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!"

I kind of liked his George Kastanza outburst though. I just saw the "George the Bad Guy" episode a few weeks ago. Of course NBC doesn't let you swear like that so maybe I'm mistaken.

;)

Actually your an annoying punk that just got himself banned.

You offer NOTHING to the threads you reply to, you seek only to incite and to start trouble and we are sick of it. I would have banned you weeks before but I was too busy. Well today I decided to make some time just for you.

Now since I seriously doubt you work for the LA County's Sheriffs department and you seem to have a static IP which you probably access through some sort of remote access or proxy I am sure you will weasel your way back into the forum under another name in the near future. Rest assured that in time your true nature will once again emerge and I will ban you again, and again if need be until you finally decide to get a life and do something else with your time.

Bye bye...

Madmatt

[ September 20, 2002, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]