Add This To The Patch...

wb_99 wrote:

>Not quite. When you are playing, the button's action is pause, hence the pause label. When you are paused, the button's action is play, hence the play label.

Well, I don't know what game you're playing, but it's not CMBB because in fact the opposite is true.

This minor, yet somewhat irritating issue has already been discussed previously in another topic.

When the movie is paused, the button should say "Play", because that is what you would want to do when you press it. And when the movie is playing the button should say "Pause", because that is what you would want to do when you press it.

That is the way it works in this world. That is the way every playback program I have ever seen works. That is the way every VCR, DVD, CD and tape player works.

And if all that is not enough, that is the way CMBO works too. Don't take my word for it, look at it.

[ November 06, 2002, 11:16 PM: Message edited by: mobear ]

Well, I can't say I cared until this thread appeared. Now it does, this is the single most important point in my life. I will campaign night and day to get it implemented! This is far more important than inaccurate data or graphical/game glitches!! This is a disaster!!! I can't believe BFC could even think of releasing a game without properly checking these buttons!!!! I blame the beta testers!!!!! There was obviously no playtesting done anywhere, ever, by anyone!!!!!!

Just a simple swapping of the BMP's doesn't help.

2010.bmp - all four buttons, "Play" being shown as active

2016.bmp, 2017.bmp - Two versions of Play

2018.bmp, 2019.bmp - Two versions of Pause

I started modding it, but saw that it's not really anything wrong at all. When the movie is playing, it shows a flashing green "Play" symbol, just like your VCR, DVD, whatever. While paused, it shows a flashing red "Pause" symbol, again, like your VCR, DVD, whatever.

One could change the label that goes with the symbol, something like:

1. Movie plays: Flashing green play symbol ">", but the label says "Pause".

2. Movie paused: Flashing red pause symbol "||", but the label says "Play".

But I don't know if that would be any better... It can be confusing wether to see the label/symbol as the button's label/symbol OR as the present "play mode".

Hmm I'll whip up a mod and see what I like best.

EDIT: That came out pretty well, I'll use it :D

If anyone wants to try it...

http://w1.211.telia.com/~u21117402/ss_play.zip

[ November 07, 2002, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: SuperSulo ]