Anyone get it in the States yet???

jonp

**The middle of the night, a phone rings ominously in the corner of a huge shadowed room. Tottering boxes and crates reach towards the ceiling as a large bald man moves into the smokey light.

"What is it?"

"The cat is out of the bag."

A pause. "It's not time yet."

"Do it."

Already the beep-beed-beep of a reversing truck can be heard moving closer. Suddenly the light of the moon cascades into the room as a huge hangar door is opened.

With herculean strength, The Mad Bald One begins hurling boxes into the long, empty truck. It will be a long night...

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

**The middle of the night, a phone rings ominously in the corner of a huge shadowed room. Tottering boxes and crates reach towards the ceiling as a large bald man moves into the smokey light.

"What is it?"

"Do it."

Already the beep-beed-beep of a reversing truck can be heard moving closer. Suddenly the light of the moon cascades into the room as a huge hangar door is opened.

With herculean strength, The Mad Bald One begins hurling boxes into the long, empty truck. It will be a long night...

ROFL...The mental imagery in that is just fricking hilarious! :D

"What is it?"

"Do it."

Nice, very funny.

"What is it?"

"Do it."

That freakin funny! I get to work and check here reeal quick, and what do you know! I am wishing I lived in Germany!!!!

Something tells me that it was CDV's call to ship early, and that BFC will ship tomorrow. But, we can all only hope . . .

Those poor postmen are going to be jumped if someone posts here 'I got it in the US!'

Chad

OK, here's another one.

Night falls outside the "Control Center" but one could hardly tell. Even at high noon, only the glow of monitors and the lights flickering on the banks of phones cast an eery light in this room. Tonight is quiet, calm, as Kwazydog paces back and forth, a feeling of unease he can't explain.

Before him are his slaves, the "Betazoids" they are called, and they lay curled in sleep, hunched over their keyboards, drained of all enerrgy. It has been a long road, but they have almost made it. Suddenly a light flickers on one of the phone-lines. He kicks the nearest slave and motions to the phone.

A look of shock widens the betazoid's eyes as he listens to the voice. Already more and more phones are coming to life. Kwazydog's face glows red, evil, in the glare of the flashing lights. He knows what happened, what must be done...

"You there, Germanboy" he shouts, "Call the Mad One and give him the release code."

"But but..." the slave whimpers, cringing," he is not ready, he will be angry."

"DO IT!!"

Shaking, the slave's hand reaches out towards the "red phone"...

I'd make the guess that the German and U.S. versions are prepped by completely different replicators and sent to their respective warehouses whenever complete. Therefore, it's likely that one could move swifter than the other, and that may just have been the outfit doing the burning/assembly in Europe this time.

The positive is that now we know that, if the U.S. replicator moved fast, the North American warehouse could have gotten it in early enough to beat the September 20th shipping date. It isn't assured, of course, but wouldn't that be nice?

No love in today's mail though... I -RAN- to check!

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jwstet:

Mailman has come and gone. No luck in NE Ohio today.

Jeff

You've just totally wrecked my day. I had hopes that maybe, just maybe, there'd be a nice surprise awaiting me when I got home from work. But not now. Sigh...</font>

The ship date for the Battlefront.com version is still the 20th (tomorrow). Looks like CDV shipped at least some pre-orders already and some people in Europe (perhaps only Germany?) have received their copies today.

I don't expect anyone in the States will get theirs until middle of next week.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

The ship date for the Battlefront.com version is still the 20th (tomorrow). Looks like CDV shipped at least some pre-orders already and some people in Europe (perhaps only Germany?) have received their copies today.

Madmatt

{sounds of gnashing of teeth....}

Speedbump

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Madmatt

Look, Matt, buddy, pal, large bald son that I never knew. I've got nothing going on this weekend. How's about if I drive over and pick mine up? :D:D

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

Madmatt

Look, Matt, buddy, pal, large bald son that I never knew. I've got nothing going on this weekend. How's about if I drive over and pick mine up? :D:D </font>

Originally posted by Speedbump:

Look, Matt, buddy, pal, large bald son that I never knew. I've got nothing going on this weekend. How's about if I drive over and pick mine up? :D:D

Boo, pick one up for me! There had to be a reason that I lost to you so bad...

Speedbump

<big><big><big> ROAD TRIP!!!</BIG></BIG></BIG>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedbump:

Boo, pick one up for me! There had to be a reason that I lost to you so bad...

Speedbump

<big><big><big> ROAD TRIP!!!</BIG></BIG></BIG></font>