Funny QB unit setup

Originally posted by Sgt. Steiner:

That would be the Pakfan interface mod, and can be found at the CM Mod Database..

Actually I don't think the in-game one is avalable yet. :( Hopefully soon; it's a great mod!

But just to hijack the thread (I didn't see one announcing pak's mod):

I think the headers on the AAR screen (11102) are a bit bright and very hard to read. Any chance of muteing down the After Action Report, Outcome, Statistics, Points, and Final Score text?

On the scenarios screen the red Delete button text and blue Operations button text are also a bit hard to read, IMO. Love the arrow buttons, though. Really well done.

In the editor the 'Height is On' text is rather bright. And just to show how truly anal I really am the text on the Fortifications button in the unit editor screen could be shifted a pixel or two to the right; the 'F' blends in a bit much with the button's background. smile.gif

A great mod overall. Can't wait to get the in-game part. From the screenshot it looks like it blows my Dark Green Interface away. But I'll reserve judgement until I can see it for myself and then pick apart all of it's flaws so I can feel better about my own pathetic attempt. ;)

- Chris

Originally posted by Shadow 1st Hussars:

Where did you get that amazing interface? :eek:

Well, that's my own interface mod, and the pakfan interface mod is mine, too (look at my member name). But the in-game interface part is not part of the downloadable mod yet, I'm still working on it ;) . Maybe it'll be ready next week...

Originally posted by Wolfe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sgt. Steiner:

That would be the Pakfan interface mod, and can be found at the CM Mod Database..

Actually I don't think the in-game one is avalable yet. :( Hopefully soon; it's a great mod!

But just to hijack the thread (I didn't see one announcing pak's mod):

---> See my other post above. I'll post screenshots and info on it, when it's completed - if I have enough time this weekend to do so. Otherwise it might not be ready this year :(

I think the headers on the AAR screen (11102) are a bit bright and very hard to read. Any chance of muteing down the After Action Report, Outcome, Statistics, Points, and Final Score text?

---> I didn't think they were too bright, maybe it's just your screen settings ;) . OK. Just joking. I'll take a look at it.

On the scenarios screen the red Delete button text and blue Operations button text are also a bit hard to read, IMO. Love the arrow buttons, though. Really well done.

----> I'll take a look. But IIRC think it's the result of some anti-aliasing that I wasn't able to fix.

In the editor the 'Height is On' text is rather bright. And just to show how truly anal I really am the text on the Fortifications button in the unit editor screen could be shifted a pixel or two to the right; the 'F' blends in a bit much with the button's background. smile.gif

----> Another brightness prob? Maybe it IS your screen? Since CMBO, I live in a dark cave with just my PC! I didn't see daylight or any other human beings, so I should recognize something bright! ;)

A great mod overall. Can't wait to get the in-game part. From the screenshot it looks like it blows my Dark Green Interface away. But I'll reserve judgement until I can see it for myself and then pick apart all of it's flaws so I can feel better about my own pathetic attempt. ;)

----> Keep working, the community needs all the mod they can get ;) !!!

- Chris</font>

Originally posted by wwb_99:

Looks like some sort of QB map import without quite enough space.

WWB

It was an imported map, but there was absolutely enough room on it. His vehicles were placed the same way. Just didn't look that funny. My own unit placement was absolutely correct!

Oh, BTW, this is what it looks like right now, just to tease you:

interface_1.jpg

interface_2.jpg

I'm not really satisfied yet. OK, it's only about 60% ready, I'd say. But it's a good approach, and I just have to modify all these tiny little bitmaps and menu graphics, which is really exhausting and gets boring after an hour of work, and make's your eyes burn from staring at these pixels... That's when I stop working and simply start a battle ;)

[ November 30, 2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: pakfan ]

Originally posted by pakfan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Wolfe wrote:

---> I didn't think they were too bright, maybe it's just your screen settings ;) . OK. Just joking. I'll take a look at it.</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by wwb_99:

Looks like some sort of QB map import without quite enough space.

WWB

It was an imported map, but there was absolutely enough room on it. His vehicles were placed the same way. Just didn't look that funny. My own unit placement was absolutely correct!</font>

Originally posted by wwb_99:

Did that side have a setup zone with enough non-water tiles to place the units?

WWB[/qb]

I think it was the 'Marxdorf' map which comes with CMBB. The default setup zone for the german player is big enough, but there's a lot of woods. Maybe that was the problem.

I could repdroduce the settings, and the inf units were not even in the setup zone (see the folowing pic). If you need the savegame, it's here (right-click, save as :D ). It's a meeting engagement QB, without password.

screeny.jpg

[ December 01, 2002, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: pakfan ]

Originally posted by Wolfe:

The thing about the text on the AAR screen is it seems to bloom out a lot. The orange glow around the word 'Statistics' makes it difficult to read (but the other orange text below it ('Men OK', 'Total Casualties', etc.) looks good.

The other text I mentioned blends in with its background more than what I care for. The other text, particularly the white font looks great.

- Chris[/QB]

Understood and fixed ;) , I hope you like these better:

aar.jpg

buttons.jpg

height.jpg

I'm not sure about the fortifications button. I can't change the text on the button, that's hardcoded. All I can offer is a button image as a kind of background for the texts (Infantry, Support, etc.). I made the buttons a bit brighter, for a better contrast. Maybe it helps.

fort.jpg

[ December 01, 2002, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: pakfan ]

Understood and fixed ;) , I hope you like these better:

:cool: Thanks. Looks great! But I think the most important question is ... do you like it better? It's your mod, after all. smile.gif

I'm not sure about the fortifications button. I can't change the text on the button, that's hardcoded. All I can offer is a button image as a kind of background for the texts (Infantry, Support, etc.). I made the buttons a bit brighter, for a better contrast. Maybe it helps.
Oh, ok. Thought the buttons each had their own text, but I guess not. I do like the greater contrast in the brighter buttons. Nice work!

- Chris

Hi Pakfan,

I've just d/l your very nice interface mod and noticed you have it flagged as an Alpha version. Are you continuing to work on it?

To finish it off ay I suggest it would be great if those grey screens still present (eg. unit info when pressing Enter, box where bar is progressing when computer calculating move) are decked out in your excellent background scheme as well.

You probably already have all this in hand but I want to express my appreciation for your work as well smile.gif

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Hi Pakfan,

I've just d/l your very nice interface mod and noticed you have it flagged as an Alpha version. Are you continuing to work on it?

To finish it off ay I suggest it would be great if those grey screens still present (eg. unit info when pressing Enter, box where bar is progressing when computer calculating move) are decked out in your excellent background scheme as well.

You probably already have all this in hand but I want to express my appreciation for your work as well smile.gif

Hi!

I already tried to apply the camo scheme to the info box, but I was of the opinion that it was harder to read the text. I can't modify the font color in that info window, that's what makes it more difficult. But I'll keep trying ;) .

The second thing you are suggesting is the little blue progress bar? Damn, did I miss that? It's still grey? Didn't notice that, maybe I'll have to fix it.

Oh, btw. I didn't use "alpha" the way software companies use it. I'm going to continue in the NATO alphabet, Bravo, Charlie, etc. I'm planning different camo versions ;) . But maybe you'll see them someday...

Bye,

pakfan