The Newbie Tournaments II

Originally posted by SuperTed:

VJ,

I still have my Super Greyhound and I know where you live. ;)

Yeah, I think I figured it out:

1. I belive you stripped the armor off of a knocked out Jagdtiger and applied it to a couple of the Greyhounds just before our battle begain.

2. You then hooked them up with magnetic repelling force fields that would make all my AT rounds seem to "miss" their targets. :mad:

3. Finally, you used voodoo dolls on my men so that they would be unable to fight your men which were on steroids and 6-packs of Jolt cola (and I think you cheated even more by using a few cyborgs too!). :rolleyes:

Ted, if you can't win by fair means, then I suggest you stop playing CM all together! tongue.gif

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Eric Alkema:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperTed:

More results from the GV Newbies:

Major Catastrophe (German) defeated Eric Alkema (German) by a score of 58-42 in Mighty Mouse. This was not enough for Major Catastrophe to overtake Eric Alkema's lead from the first leg of Round 1.

So, Eric Alkema wins Round 1 with an overall score of 108-92 and advances to Round 2.

Congratulations to Eric Alkema!

Ok, Ted is a swell guy and obviously very busy, even for a SuperTed, but I felt the need to point out a couple of corrections.

1) We did not both play the German side, I played the French.

2) I won 58 to 42, not lost.

But hey, I advanced to the next round so no harm, no foul.</font>

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperTed:

VJ,

I still have my Super Greyhound and I know where you live. ;)

Yeah, I think I figured it out:

1. I belive you stripped the armor off of a knocked out Jagdtiger and applied it to a couple of the Greyhounds just before our battle begain.

2. You then hooked them up with magnetic repelling force fields that would make all my AT rounds seem to "miss" their targets. :mad:

3. Finally, you used voodoo dolls on my men so that they would be unable to fight your men which were on steroids and 6-packs of Jolt cola (and I think you cheated even more by using a few cyborgs too!). :rolleyes:

Ted, if you can't win by fair means, then I suggest you stop playing CM all together! tongue.gif </font>

Originally posted by Dave H:

SuperTed,

While the average scores in BMB are interesting to know, there is more information I'm interested in. Can you tell us how many German players won vs how many Polish players? How many games were ties vs how many were actually victories? As you know, a couple of very one-sided games can really skew the point averages.

Thanks.

Dave,

I have been looking through the scores and I have found that I do not have enough information to post what you'd like. I have found that there is no set pattern to the scores in determining whether a score is a draw or a victory. For example, I have seen a 55-45 score result a victory for one battle and a draw for another one. Interesting...

Hey, Ted, I'm curious ...

White4 and me are playing Give & Take and the units involved ... oh, well, seems a little bit "strange".

How do you know if a tournament battle is well balanced? Do you play tests against the AI? Against a friend? Is based only in the cost of the units?

I know I'm very curious. ;)

Originally posted by Leta:

Hey, Ted, I'm curious ...

White4 and me are playing Give & Take and the units involved ... oh, well, seems a little bit "strange".

How do you know if a tournament battle is well balanced? Do you play tests against the AI? Against a friend? Is based only in the cost of the units?

I know I'm very curious. ;)

Leta,

Well, I would rather wait until after the tournament is over to answer that one. I hope that helps. :D

Originally posted by Leta:

[QB]Hey, Ted, I'm curious ...

---------------------

Hey Leta, just 'cos Canadians are involved you don't have to call the units "a little bit 'strange'"! Though one could agree that the little generic pictures at the bottom of the screen look quite dated, World War One-ish might be a fitting description...

But maybe this will make you feel better: without giving anything away, I'd like to add that one of my Canadian squads has just been annihilated by a German squad of *strange* quality ... a horrifying experience I can tell you!!

Chris Walker

Originally posted by SuperTed:

More results from the Newbie Rejects:

Voidhawk (Canadian) defeated Bobbaro (German), 82-18, in Give & Take.

Congratulations to Voidhawk!

:eek: :eek: 82! :eek: :eek:

Wow, that's a good one. Yes, congrats!