The Newbie Tournaments II

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

I would like to take this opportunity to extend a "Thank you!" to vadr. Despite being eliminated, he is contining to maintain the tournament brackets. So, let's hear it for vadr! smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Vadr you're the man! What say the final winner is beholden to fight Vadr if he so wishes.

Roll on, roll on....

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to time constraints, CombatGeneral has bowed out of the Newbie Tournament. As a result, DStone advances to Round 2.

Congratulations to DStone!<hr></blockquote>

Very interesting....

Untested but 2

More results from the GV Newbies:

So, Ligur wins Round 1 with an overall score of 110-90 and advances to Round 2.

Congratulations to Ligur!<hr></blockquote>

Sometimes even the unworthy win... I really don't feel like I much deserve this one, I just had 60 seconds of happy bazooka and a few shots that penetrated but didn't kill a vehicle on my side. I'd call it even.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Ligur ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ligur:

Sometimes even the unworthy win... I really don't feel like I much deserve this one, I just had 60 seconds of happy bazooka and a few shots that penetrated but didn't kill a vehicle on my side. I'd call it even.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Ligur ]<hr></blockquote>

Ligur,

A few good penetrations will make any bazooka happy! :D

More results from the SuperNewbies:

Austin Bowie (French) defeated Dize (German) by a score of 59-41 in Mighty Mouse. This was enough for Austin Bowie to overtake Dize's's lead from the first leg of Round 1.

So, Austin Bowie wins Round 1 with an overall score of 107-93 and advances to Round 2.

Congratulations to Austin Bowie!

Here are the results for the completed scenarios:

Blind Man's Bluff

Games Played-21

Ave. German Score-47.14

Ave. Polish Score-52.76

High German Score-71

High Polish Score-75

Mighty Mouse

Games Played-20

Ave. German Score-49.00

Ave. French Score-51.00

High German Score-76

High French Score-81

Medium Rare

Games Played-5

Ave. German Score-51.00

Ave. British Score-27.20

High German Score-82

High British Score-36

Note: since aggregate scores are used to determine winners, the outcome of one scenario will undoubtedly affect how another scenario is played. So, unlike playing scenarios individually (i.e. in a "vacuum"), it is difficult to extrapolate useful play-balance information from these numbers. (The exception is when the scores are VERY close to 50 for each side. Then it's just good scenario design. :cool: )

[ February 03, 2002, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

SuperTed,

While the average scores in BMB are interesting to know, there is more information I'm interested in. Can you tell us how many German players won vs how many Polish players? How many games were ties vs how many were actually victories? As you know, a couple of very one-sided games can really skew the point averages.

Thanks.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dave H:

SuperTed,

While the average scores in BMB are interesting to know, there is more information I'm interested in. Can you tell us how many German players won vs how many Polish players? How many games were ties vs how many were actually victories? As you know, a couple of very one-sided games can really skew the point averages.

Thanks.<hr></blockquote>

Dave,

I'll compile whatever little tidbits I can find.

Chris,

Round 2 ends around March 8. A definite date will be set after the first leg (Give and Take) is completed, which should be no later than February 16. BTW, a pair of Alternates from the Newbie Rejects has already completed their scenario for Round 2! So, what's the hold up for the rest of you?! ;)

If you look at the second post on the first page of this thread, you should be able to find all the information you need.

Originally posted by SuperTed:

More results from the GV Newbies:

Major Catastrophe (German) defeated Eric Alkema (German) by a score of 58-42 in Mighty Mouse. This was not enough for Major Catastrophe to overtake Eric Alkema's lead from the first leg of Round 1.

So, Eric Alkema wins Round 1 with an overall score of 108-92 and advances to Round 2.

Congratulations to Eric Alkema!

Ok, Ted is a swell guy and obviously very busy, even for a SuperTed, but I felt the need to point out a couple of corrections.

1) We did not both play the German side, I played the French.

2) I won 58 to 42, not lost.

But hey, I advanced to the next round so no harm, no foul.