The Newbie Tournaments II

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by voidhawk:

Hm, I must say I'm getting a little concerned that even though the end of round 1 is getting closer, the Newbie Reject results page still doesn't even show a score for the first game for my propospective opponent (Bobbaro or Vitalis.)

Perhaps the above-mentioned web page is simply out of date? :confused: <hr></blockquote>

voidhawk,

The page is up-to-date. I am currently in the process of determining exactly what the problem is and how best to deal with it. Don't worry; you'll have an oppoent in Round 2.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The page is not out of date. Ted typically sends me various results throughout the day, and I post them early the next morning.

I will be out of town Thursday thru Sunday this week, so there will be a delay in updates until Monday the 21st.

Regards,

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by White4:

badda bump. Gimme a file, Leta! And lets start round 2!<hr></blockquote>

I sent the #36 file on Wednesday night (remember, GMT+1 for me!) and an e-mail today asking if you received it.

If there are any problem and you haven't received any of the two e-mails, please, put a post here.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Splash,

Around 10,750 points per side.<hr></blockquote>

Glups! More than 10,000 points!

I cannot imagine what kind of surprises we will see in the next turns ... maybe a Heavy Tank Battalion? :D

Hey you guys playing that 10,000 pt monster game - what's it like having so many units to move? How long does it take for one move? How big is the map? How huge are the movie files? What kind of machines are you playing on? I'm interested!

Chris Walker

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Walker:

Hey you guys playing that 10,000 pt monster game - what's it like having so many units to move? How long does it take for one move? How big is the map? How huge are the movie files? What kind of machines are you playing on? I'm interested!

Chris Walker<hr></blockquote>

Chris,

I may know a little something about this one. ;)

Anyway, there are "only" about 96 units per side.

The map is 2.16 km by 2.24 km.

The last file they exchanged was 1.9 mb (I don't know if that was Zipped). I expect them to get quite a bit larger. :eek:

I played the single-player version (yes, there are two versions for those who are interested) and had only minor slowdowns. I am using a PII-450/128 mb RAM/16 mb TNT.

I hope that helps.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Chris,

I may know a little something about this one. ;)

Anyway, there are "only" about 96 units per side.

The map is 2.16 km by 2.24 km.

The last file they exchanged was 1.9 mb (I don't know if that was Zipped). I expect them to get quite a bit larger. :eek:

I played the single-player version (yes, there are two versions for those who are interested) and had only minor slowdowns. I am using a PII-450/128 mb RAM/16 mb TNT.

I hope that helps.<hr></blockquote>

Helps what? My curiosity? Yes, it does. Thanks, Ted.

So it's basically a scenario with flocks of AFVs and not much else?

Chris Walker