CM Mod Manager for CMBB?

I assume you're talking about the CMMOS? That's the program that brought up a window that basically allowed you to batch swap .bmps in and out without interacting with your file system.

Anyway, I believe somebody is working on a CMBB version, but I haven't seen any word on it lately.

It is very handy; in fact, I've been hesitating to start swapping .bmps until we have one. It definitely takes the headaches out of the mod use.

Jack, he may be referring to an older mod manager called...(surprise!) CM Mod Manager. :D I believe it was done by Two Sheds. I haven't heard much about it, or any updates for it, in ages.

CMMOS on the other hand, HAS been updated for CMBB. I can attest personally that it's a huge improvement over CMMOS 3.02, and that Gordon has handed it over to Matt for release (am I allowed to say that Gordon? :D ).

- Old Dog

Originally posted by Old Dog:

Jack, he may be referring to an older mod manager called...(surprise!) CM Mod Manager. :D I believe it was done by Two Sheds. I haven't heard much about it, or any updates for it, in ages.

Yup, this is the one I was refering to. I liked it, it was pretty simple but effective and worked with anyone's mods.

UXcva, no, I have a PC; the CM Mod Manager was designed for PC, I don't know if there was a Mac version.

Actually, I'd be happy with some kind of configuration management tool, something off the shelf, as they say. It would be great to have a swapper tool. Point it at a folder and the app would read the file names, remove the original files from the BMP folder and put them in a backup folder, then install the new files with some kind of tracker so that it knows that mod "x" installed files "a,b,c".

[ November 13, 2002, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: markgame ]

Take a look at http://www.geocities.com/mikekh123/mod_manager.html

I started this way back and left it 80% finished. I work as a programmer and often I don't want to program in my spare time.

CMBB rekindled my interest and now its almost finished (!!). The interface has changed a little from the pics on the website. It will do most things that you'd need including playing zipped wav files and allowing you to edit zipped wav and bmp files without unzipping them. It also keeps a simple log of what changes are made and when.

It will work equally well with CMBB and CMMO - you 'just' have to create Object definition files for it.

It's written in Java and if you want to use it you will need JRE1.4 or later. In theory it will run on the Mac however it's never been tested on a Mac and I'm sure it will crash and burn the first time, but that can be fixed.

If anyone is interested I hope to get a Beta release soon ... (3-4 days)

(Ignore the email address on the web page - its wrong and out of date.)

Mike

Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

Take a look at http://www.geocities.com/mikekh123/mod_manager.html

I started this way back and left it 80% finished. I work as a programmer and often I don't want to program in my spare time.

CMBB rekindled my interest and now its almost finished (!!). The interface has changed a little from the pics on the website. It will do most things that you'd need including playing zipped wav files and allowing you to edit zipped wav and bmp files without unzipping them. It also keeps a simple log of what changes are made and when.

Would you mind sending that to me when you're done so I can post in on the CM Mod Database? Thanks.

COG

That would be great if the program can work for Mac player's too. Sometimes the mods I drag and drop into my bmp folder don't show up in the game. For example I've been trying the pillbox/bunker mod, uniform mods andsome of the winter camo mods and they never show up. Any idea why that happens?

All best

Patrick

It looks great ......

Though i think most of my mod changes will be via CMMOS4, however as not all mods are gonna be CMMOS compatible so I'll certainly be downloading and using it.

Already bookmarked the page !

Nice work KiloIndiaAlfa :cool:

Lou2000

[ November 17, 2002, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: Lou2000 ]