"Evil Jumbos" and "l33t gerbirgsjaegers"

evil%20jumbo.jpg

Playing against Drez, I managed to basically ruin

his entire plan with a single platoon of Sherman

Jumbos armed with 76mm guns. His rounds kept

riocheting off my Jumbos, while I blew up one

after another of his tanks......

in the next game, he got me back though.....

ReverseSlope.jpg

2 Squads of Canadians assaulting + Several Gerbirgsjaeger + Reverse Slope = Shredded

Canadians.

I remember when I wipped out my brothers 5 halftracks, 8 panther G's, 2 Jagdpanzers, 1 mardar 2, and 3 PSW's with my Sherman Jumbo company, and lost only 2 of 9 shermans. Yes the shells of the PSW's and the Mardar bounced of every shell, even with the Tungstun shells. The most challenging was destroying the 2 Jagdpanzers, do you know the caliber of those cannons!!!

Originally posted by Soddball:

Ayeee! Unmodded Combat Mission! My eyes!!!

I'm still using box-stock CMBO. Perhaps that has something to do with my W/L record; my troops are so ashamed of their drab appearance that they lose all heart for the fight.

DjB

Originally posted by Doug Beman:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

Ayeee! Unmodded Combat Mission! My eyes!!!

I'm still using box-stock CMBO. Perhaps that has something to do with my W/L record; my troops are so ashamed of their drab appearance that they lose all heart for the fight.

DjB</font>

oh shut up... i took the first pic...and thats not totally unmodded (grass is modded i think). Thing is that i had uninstalled the game at one point in time and never fully dled MODS to bring things back to 'normal' when i reinstalled it.....

.....so call me lazy idk im just biding my time until CMBB release..... redface.gif

Originally posted by Drez:

... Thing is that i had uninstalled the game at one point in time ...

<big>HERETIC!</big> This is even worse than posting un-modded screenies. Burn him!

Edit: cos I'm a dolt that can't manage UBB

Edit2: now I'm just messing about...

[ July 23, 2002, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: JonS ]

My sister-in-law (blonde, of 21 years) just looked over my shoulder at the top pic of the Jumbo with the VF in the background and said: "Are they on a golf-course?"

A moment of silence while you recover from the laughter I know you are going through right now. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I then said: "Yeah, after killing each other, the Krauts, Tommies, and Yanks that were still alive would play eighteen holes before calling it a day."

She bought it. :D:D:D Blondes. . . :rolleyes:

[ July 23, 2002, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Jumbos hmmm.

Arent Jumbos an Infantry tank? Maybe I am wrong. All I remember is a game where I went up against 12 of them with 2 Panther Gs. Killed all of them. But one of the Jumbos whos track was shattered, and lost its gun would not die. I was hitting the thing from 130 meters with two Pathers and all I got was ricochets. Had to close assault it with infantry to finally kill the thing. :(

Gen

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

My sister-in-law (blonde, of 21 years) just looked over my shoulder at the top pic of the Jumbo with the VF in the background and said: "Are they on a golf-course?"

A moment of silence while you recover from the laughter I know you are going through right now. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I then said: "Yeah, after killing each other, the Krauts, Tommies, and Yanks that were still alive would play eighteen holes before calling it a day."

She bought it. :D:D:D Blondes. . . :rolleyes:

LOL! My wife thought I was playing computer golf too when she first saw CM over my shoulder. And she is a brunette!!! :D

Yeah, Golf. With hand grenades.

-Sarge

Heh heh heh.

I too, go unmodded. Completely bare-assed original CM. smile.gif

I bet if we started a thread asking who goes the way of the non-modded . . . there'd be quite a few.

Gpig

Originally posted by Gen-x87H:

Arent Jumbos an Infantry tank?

Not as such. They're rather to be viewed as (originally) ad hoc assault guns. ... but then again, that's pretty much also the purpose of infantry tanks.

They were made/used in situations where resistance was stiff (well fortified defenders) and mobility not much of an option.

Cheers

Olle

Guest Panzer Boxb

No mods here. But, that's because I've gone through so many machines and am just too lazy to go out and find all the mods again.