EFOW Bug: Weapons Graphic

tar

You had a good idea of the size of that unit, given you got a reading on the experience. Looks like something fishy still.

This is something you really need to test hotseat against yourself, not something that can be dissected vs the AI.

WWB

I can see knowing the experience level. Troops that are tripping over themselves and being yelled at by a squad leader that keeps scanning the battlefield like a scared sheep are green/conscript. :D Those that are advancing under heavy fire and using cover with almost no direction from their detirmined looking SL are probably veteren/elite. ;)

But weapons? At most distances (without binocs) all small arms in the hands of troops should look like sticks. I don't think a unit should know what an enemy squad's weapons are unless they have been ID'd at a close distance. And that goes for knowing the rank as well. ;)

I have been wondering if they plan any patches or updates for after the release to "tighten" all the "extra" info like this that STILL shows up in EFOW.

I would call that a BUG for sure in EFOW.

Good going Tar, that was a good find and well documented with the pic, nice work!

Any comments from Steve or BFC on EFOW????

:confused:

thanks

-tom w

slipped off the front page again.

OK

who else is so tired of the demo's for CMBB they are not playing them anymore?

I am TOTALLY enjoying a GREAT PBEM in CMBO

60 minutes,

HUGE map (its a Gorgeous MAP!)

Many thousands of points worth of forces (I think)

The ASL Battle of Soumont, against Elvis

I'm the Allies and its one hulluva a good cat and mouse game! smile.gif

(oh yeah, he has almost all of the Cats :eek: )

-tom w

Originally posted by tar:

The weapons graphic continues to show the NUMBER and type of gun even when the other information about the size of the formation is not shown. See screenshot below:

It is an old "bug". The same thing happens in CMBO. When a unit you've fully spotted dissapears, you can see how many men are left by selecting the "lost contact" icon, hitting return, and counting the number of guns.

Well, I could live with the old bug, since one could easily avoid by gentlemen's agreement (we are all officers here, right?). But having it surface on the main screen is a bit hard to overlook.

Anyway, I noticed that I didn't give a lot of background information in the original post. It was, indeed, a once fully identified squad that then disappeared.

I don't think this is a bug, just a bit weird. All it is doing is reminding you of information you already know. What's strange is the other information in the status bar is removed.

It IS a bug if - unseen - the squad loses men and then this weapons list is updated. But that's a pretty rare type of loophole to take advantage of.

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

I wish one of the guys would stop in here and give us some info on a fix to this. It probably won't get fixed in time for the shipping version, but it should be patched in 1.01 or whatever

:confused:

If I have completely spotted a squad of three germans and so I know they have 2 LMGs and a rifle, then that squad runs into cover, the game puts a marker there that says "here's where the three axis guys with the 2 LMGs and 1 rifle disappeared". It's helpful! It's not a bug.

If you are sure that this weapon list updates when the hidden squad takes casualities, then post the results of your test here. Then I'm sure BFC will reply.

I played one game yesterday where a Soviet squad made it to my treeline and close enough to identify their weapons. Then they ran away like little children and hid in some brush. The squad changed to a unit marker. I dropped some mortar rounds where the squad last appeared while I had the unit marker selected. After a mortar round fell the number of weapons in the squad was reduced (one of the weapon types disappeared). So, based on this we do get info on casualties after the unit goes out of LOS as a result of the unit weapon info.

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

I played one game yesterday where a Soviet squad made it to my treeline and close enough to identify their weapons. Then they ran away like little children and hid in some brush. The squad changed to a unit marker. I dropped some mortar rounds where the squad last appeared while I had the unit marker selected. After a mortar round fell the number of weapons in the squad was reduced (one of the weapon types disappeared). So, based on this we do get info on casualties after the unit goes out of LOS as a result of the unit weapon info.

If that is true (and I'm sure it is) .....

THAT is NOT my idea of the "realism" of Extreme Fog of War :(

Perhaps they are already looking into this one.

-tom w

Well that is a bug. Not just in EFOW, but in normal FOW too, and in CMBO. I have never seen it posted before, but no doubt it has been there since the first demos all those years ago.

The idea of displaying all the details you knew about a unit after it has disappeared is still a good one (in RL you would remember). But obviously the info can't update when things happen to the invisible unit.

Originally posted by spwaw:

Now i want to ask for "Extreme Fog of War" bug

Is that corected in retail version or patched.

Please answer: BATTLEFRONT

I want to thank yours efforts with this wonderful game.It is a best this type of game! :D

I am sure all patchable bugs will be taken care of in good time.

WWB

• 2 weeks later...