Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Modding the censors--anyone?

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

You cannot replace the CDV executable of CMBB with the BFC distributed executable. The copy protection will cease to work and CMBB won't run.

That also means that CDV version needs its own patches. Which will come later (if at all).

I have to get "rest of world" version of cmbb somehow.

[ September 20, 2002, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: illo ]

The CDV versions of the patches will come out at the same time as the BFC distributed version. I'm under the impression that all versions will be available from BFC's website when they're released, so you won't have to endure the inertia of CDV if they take longer than normal to post the patches to their website.

The BFC patches will probably be limited to English and French, while CDV will have German, French and English language versions (I'm not sure if any of the other languages will have a separate executable - most likely they'll still use the English language executable). Again, there will be a simultaneous release of all patches for all versions when new patches are released. There is no planned 'phased release' of the patches for different languages and different distributions.

Again, you will not be able to use a different distribution patch with CMBB. A patch for a BFC distribution will not work with the CDV CD (it won't recognize the copy protection) and vice versa.