Please tell me it isn't true (UK release date)

I picked up a workmate's copy of the UK PC game magazine "PC Gamer" today, and noted that the CMBB demo was included on one of the cover CDs. I flipped through the magazine till I got to their preview section, where they have a page on CMBB. I nearly **** myself with uncontrollable horror when I saw they had the release date down as "December", and they mentioned in the next that they'd be playing it "in time for Christmas" :mad: :eek: :confused:

I NEED a copy of Combat Mission 2 THIS bloody month. :mad:

Battlefront's issuing a second batch of CDs coming out around the 4th(?) I think. I wonder if that's at all linked to CDV's release date.

As an asside, Battlefront promised long ago that there would be more than enough copies to go around when CMBB was released. I haven't heard a peep about game sales, but do you perhaps think demand was even greater than they had imagined?

[ October 01, 2002, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

As an asside, Battlefront promised long ago that there would be more than enough copies to go around when CMBB was released. I haven't heard a peep about game sales, but do you perhaps think demand was even greater than they had imagined?

Not likely, as the CDV English CDs are different from the BTS CDs. No-one has even seen an English CDV CD, apart from from the preview hacks, so it's not likely that they've sold out.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Battlefront's issuing a second batch of CDs coming out around the 4th(?) I think. I wonder if that's at all linked to CDV's release date.

I suspect they pulled the remaining CDs due to the large number of defects in that batch.

Originally posted by Lou2000:

I got an email from CDV yesterday giving the UK release date as 'October'. But the fact they didnt give an actual date makes me think it is gonna slip past the 11th :(

Lou2000

"GAME" have it down for the 11th.. but then a week ago they had it down for the 4th. Having too much fun with Airborne Assault at present to worry about it too much. You never know, they might be using the extra time to come up with box art that looks like Barbarossa and not the Bulge :D