Just got the bundle pack.... I have questions about mods..

Hey CMBOers,

I got the CM bundle pack and have found myself playing CMBO as much as CMBB, mainly because I have this affinity for the Bulge and the scenarios(MerryXmas... and Team DeSobry) were so engrossing I played them for 18 hrs straight! I would like to know where I can find the mods. I also wondered if there were fixes for some little quirks in the game, like the German truck looking a lot like a captured deuce and a half. I'm sure there are others but that was the one that stuck out. smile.gif

The more Ardennes scenes, the better ..... Someone told me there were some Italy scenes done too.

This is one... er are two mesmerizing games.

[ September 28, 2002, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: vondeath ]

Originally posted by vondeath:

Hey CMBOers,

I got the CM bundle pack and have found myself playing CMBO as much as CMBB, mainly because I have this affinity for the Bulge and the scenarios(MerryXmas... and Team DeSobry) were so engrossing I played them for 18 hrs straight! I would like to know where I can find the mods. I also wondered if there were fixes for some little quirks in the game, like the German truck looking a lot like a captured deuce and a half. I'm sure there are others but that was the one that stuck out. smile.gif

The more Ardennes scenes, the better ..... Someone told me there were some Italy scenes done too.

This is one... er are two mesmerizing games.

If the Bulge suits you, you need to check out Tom's Battle of the Bulge Mod

www.militarygameronline.com/tcmhq

I've been playing CMBO since it was released, but did not get into mods until about 4 to 6 months ago. I'm old (seen half a century) and something less than a computer expert. With that background, here's what worked for me.

The first thing I did (and recoomend that you do) was to go to Combat Mission HQ and download Madmatt's two Mad-dog Mod Packs. It was great, but I soon decided that I wanted all the winter mods and every thing in high resolution. The best sites I found include: 1. CM Outpost, which lists and has pictures of the origianls and almost everyone's mods; 2. Tom's (mentioned by others and now on the Military Gamer site); 3. Combat Mission HQ-- for more mods beyond the Mod Packs; 3. Warfare HQ, which has three winter mods for CMBB, as well as many CMBO mods.

If you have a decent system by today's standard, you will amazed at how much better a high-res CMBO looks compared to the original game.

Before you add mods, back up all of your original bmp and wav files (although you can reinstall or yank them from your CMBO CD). You might want to do if again after you download the two Mad-dog Mod Packs, if you like them. If you mod CMBB the back ups or the origninals may be more important, as I'm not sure that you can get them from the CD without a full reinstall.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for all the info, guys.

I installed CMMOS, and it already came with Tom's mods as active, so I followed the directions. I haven't figured out how to implement them in the game.. I thought they were installed, then I played Seven Roads to Hell and I still had the "Alaska" snow. Any ideas?

I've found that with a full terrain pack like Tom's BoB mod, if you have one or two elements installed that are also available on their own (could be as simple as just a wheat pattern and a rough pattern or something like that) it will show the tab as active. When you click "apply" on it, it will only install those few elements and the rest will be default or whatever you were last using. Some of the full terrain conversions are a conglomeration of 2 or 3 people's work, and when you have one of those but not the rest, the tab will still show up as "enabled".

[ September 30, 2002, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Dressler ]

VonDeath, sounds to me like you haven't actually downloaded Tom's Bulge mod yet, only installed CMMOS, which doesn't contain the mod itself.

Fact is, some of the mods show as "available" in CMMOS even when they are not yet installed. Download the CMMOS mod, install it in your BMP folder and then give it another go.

- Old Dog