Bogged In The Road; interesting?

A halftrack, bogged in "Road". Concrete type o' road, even. Is this supposed to be possible? I mean, it's not a big deal to me, personally, but I know that 'excessive bogging' is one of the things tweaked in the patch, and I've never bogged on concrete before, so, er, I dunno... anybody want the saved game, or should I just eat my Wheaties™?

Eden

Originally posted by Tarqulene:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

[QB]A halftrack, bogged in "Road". Concrete type o' road, even.

What's the scenario? In some scenarios the concrete is still wet. (This, btw, is how the Russians captured so many German AA guns - wet concrete traps.)</font>

Originally posted by Vanir Ausf B:

I think "bogging" also includes mechanical breakdown such as thrown tracks or FUBAR transmissions. Not sure, though.

I wonder if in this case it goes directly to immobilized without first being bogged. I had two tanks become immobilized in a recent QB (one on a dirt road), but I wasn't watching when it happened, so I don't know if they went through all the stages.

Michael

BTS said that breakdowns are out of the game's scope. This is an example of those 'one in a 100.000' chances. Bogging is IMO possible in every terrain and ground condition, only for roads the probability is *quite* low, especially with light halftracks. But if your armada includes 100.000 halftracks, you can expect to see one of them get stuck.

P.S.: the square root of the I-Ching% number should be about 0.0043. This needs further tests but my CPU can't handle 100.000 halftracks on parallel roads at once.

Originally posted by Eden Smallwood:

A halftrack, bogged in "Road". Concrete type o' road, even. Is this supposed to be possible? [snips]

I've had a T-34 end up immobilized in a road, I think by bogging irrecoverably in brush by the roadside and rolling into road terrain before the immobilization took effect.

All the best,

John.