Some news from Toms Combat Mission HQ

Gentlemen ,

A very talented new mod designer enters the stage: " Mr.Noobie " has released 11 (!) new T-34 mods together with a set of dirty tracks for the Russian tanks. Grab it from the " Sowjet Armor " mod page....and pray that there are enough download slots free on the FTP server :) A new historical CMBB operation made by Frank Torweihe deals with the defensive action of the German 428. Infantry Regiment near Rshew in August 1942. You´ll find it on the " 1942 " scenario page ( be warned: the mission briefing is in German. Maybe a helping hand is willing to translate it ? )

Concerning scenarios: I finished my last CMBO " classics " to CMBB conversions: now you can play " Chance Encounter " , " Valley of trouble " , " Riesberg " and " Last Defense " with CMBB. And..if you don´t like my setups..well , you can always use the maps for your own QBs.

Cheers

Tom

Little good that does me. I've been trying for weeks to download your CMBO/CMBB NO MARKERS Mod and have been entirely unsuccessful with each attempt.

I'm able to download files from any other site with ease, --but for some reason, not yours. :(

I just tried to download (again unsuccessfully) one of those new T-34 mods and it's 9:30am on a Sunday morning!

Sorry, but if this isn't fixed soon, I'm gonna have to delete your bookmark.

Le Tondu,

Some other people were having trouble downloading from Tom's CMHQ site as well. There were some suggestions in this thread that resolved the issue for some. Maybe give a few of these a try and see if it helps.

Tom,

Is it possible to allow HTTP downloads instead of FTP? It might resolve the download problems.

Keith

Tom - Is there any news on any complete subdued terrain sets being done? I'd rather wait for complete overhaauls rather than tinkering piece by piece. Sets like DDs and Kump's I'm thinking of. I like the CMBB terrain much better than CMBO but the trees look a little too 'metallic emerald' for my taste. I've tried different monitor settings but it's not that. Eventually my CMBO terrain got to look almost photorealistic but I suppose it'll be some time yet for CMBB.

" No markers " and " Riesberg " download problems are fixed ... sorry for the URL typos :(

BTW: for the first time since two weeks I had no problems to access the downloads during the whole day (knock on wood). If you still have problems: please switch off your download accelerators and check your firewalls ( at least that was told me by the MGO FTP admin ).

Cheers

Tom

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

" No markers " and " Riesberg " download problems are fixed ... sorry for the URL typos :(

BTW: for the first time since two weeks I had no problems to access the downloads during the whole day (knock on wood). If you still have problems: please switch off your download accelerators and check your firewalls ( at least that was told me by the MGO FTP admin ).

Cheers

Tom

Hmm, looks like you didn't knock on wood hard enough. Can't seem to download any of the T-34 mods. Too busy perhaps? Yes, I did turn off my firewall and I did not use any download accelerator programs.

The scenarios seem to download ok though.

[ October 20, 2002, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Commissar ]

For those having trouble downloading from Tom's site, try this.

If you are using Internet Explorer

1.) Go to the Tools menu, then click on the Internet Options... menu item.

2.) On the Internet Options dialog box, click on the Advanced tab.

3.) Now scroll through the list and make sure the following items are set as listed:

- Enabled Folder view for FTP sites (unchecked)

- Use Passive FTP (checked)

- Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections (checked)

4.) Now go to the General Tab and click on the Delete Files... button. Then click on the Clear History button.

5.) Close Internet Explorer.

6.) Now start Internet Explorer again, go to Tom's site and try downloading.

Hopefully this works for others as it worked for me. I was getting the "Anonymous access denied" (or somefink) error as well. After changing Internet Explorer to these settings, it works fine now.

BTW, I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1.

EDIT: It doesn't always work the first time. If you still get the message, keep clicking the link. Eventually it will work. I'm not even sure now that the above setting changes make a difference but they can't hurt. Strange indeed.

Keith

[ October 20, 2002, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]