Screenshot walk through of the CMBB Quick battle generator. (May open slowly)

Abbott

Originally posted by argie:

Abbot, Steve,

Are you both ploting to make my waiting miserable?

Many thanks for the very useful info. I know now that I will be spending all of my first day toying with the QB Generator before to actually playing a single game.

My pleasure argie, any requests?

Wait a sec! The 105mm recoiless rifle was available in June of '41?!! I know it said rarity was 100%, but it costs less than a Pak38 fer god sakes; IN THE SAME TIME PERIOD! I would have thought a 50mm AT gun would be much more likely than a recoiless rifle at the start of Barbarossa! I thought recoiless didn't start making the scene until '44?

Any grogs care to explain?

[ September 25, 2002, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

You have a toggle to choose to buy individual vehicles or platoons. I can't post a screenshot right now as I am at work -- I can do it later tonight (if I remember -- this is a hellishly busy week). I will also check (as an added bonus) whether the unit prices of the vehicles are any cheaper if bought in platoons as opposed to purchasing them separately.

Also - Abbott -- glad to help -- I know how irritable I was waiting for my copy and for CMBO, so anything I can do to share with these guys is just, well, not a problem.

Steve

[ September 25, 2002, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Wait a sec! The 105mm recoiless rifle was available in June of '41?!!

(Note: there's also 75mm rg.) I'm no grog, but I remember noticing the same thing with Steel Panthers World At War. It seemed strange then, but I guess it was developed for paratroopers.

But please, grogs, enlighten us!

Originally posted by Gryphon:

Thanks alot for all the cool screens smile.gif

I have a question though, how do you purchase platoons/ company's of certain vehicles?

Regards,

Gryphon

A toggle near the top right-hand corner switches from “Platoon” to “individual”.

platoon.jpg

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Wait a sec! The 105mm recoiless rifle was available in June of '41?!!

(Note: there's also 75mm rg.) I'm no grog, but I remember noticing the same thing with Steel Panthers World At War. It seemed strange then, but I guess it was developed for paratroopers.

But please, grogs, enlighten us!</font>