Obituary: 1SG Carwood Lipton, Band of Brothers

It's always sad to hear of the passing of any WWII vet. They did more for us than we will ever realize. I'm so glad series like Band of Brothers come along periodically to make us remember just how much they did to keep the world free.

Salute!

I never met the man but after reading so much and watching band of brothers (after reading the book of course), I have truly heart felt sorrow for the friends and family of 1ST Sgt. Carwood Lipton. He was a true hero and I have already made it my duty to educate my son (due May 9) about WWII and all the men and women like Sgt Lipton. They should never be forgotten! And may God help anyone I ever catch disparaging that generation and what they did for the world...Does anyone know if any of the "Brothers" live in NY?? or at least in a nearby state??

Rest In Peace Sarge....

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

Band of Brothers the tv series sucked. IT was more like Rambo2<hr></blockquote>

A truly tasteless and inappropriate post. But then again, I wouldn't expect anything less from the Paper Burger Flipper.

Crawl back under your bridge and stay there. Better yet, get the Hell off the forum and don't bother coming back. You won't be missed.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

, i think Sitzkrieg needs to take some midol for those cramps.<hr></blockquote>

First off, learn what a Shift key is and use it.

Second, very mature response. Wouldn't expect much more from you. :rolleyes:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Herr Kruger:

I have to agree with Iron Chef... whether or not BoB the show was any good has little to do with lack of respect for the man.<hr></blockquote>

True, but I think he could state his displeasure with the show in another thread or with a bit more insight than saying "it sucks".

New to the forums gents...but:

Let's not hijack the thread about whether or not a certain miniseries was or was not any good.

Let us pay our respects to 1st Sgt Lipton, a veteran of the Second World War.

<salute!>

Another hero lost :(

So much has been lost and I feel remorse. Let us remember that everyday we live in freedom is day we live in thanks to the veterans who have defended us. Make sure you appreciate it.

Iron Chef next time read the thread before posting. How about even read the title of the thread? If you truly are sorry about your rude and out of place comments on this thread then go delete them, this thread is not about your opinion or your free speech it is about honoring in some small way a man we owe a great deal to and the others who served in that and all wars that have been fought to save our freedom and our rights.

Yes, I feel sad about the news of Carwood Lipton.

CM:BO, Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan may not be to everyone's taste but I guess they reflect the service and sacrifice offered to my generation. Without them, however flawed, I would be all the more ignorant.

Carwood Lipton and all who gave freely are heroes.

Yeknod

Iron Chef likes television series like "Dallas". He doesn't like the shooting and the swearing. He likes the dresses and the cowboy hats.

I just watched the 2 episodes that take place in the Ardennes and now hearing about the news of his death, I gotta thank him for what he's done.

Thanks Carwood Lipton.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>True, but I think he could state his displeasure with the show in another thread or with a bit more insight than saying "it sucks". <hr></blockquote>

And you could have been more diplomatic in your original response (to Chef) in my opinion, but hey.. that's just me.

I'm done with this childish bickering.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Herr Kruger ]</p>

I feel very lucky. My father lives in Toledo OH and golfs with Lipton's son regularly.

My parents bought me a hard copy of the book and had it signed by him just before Christmas. It is that much more special now. I can't wait to read it.

Scott Karch