Challenges...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fionn,

Yes I'm interested in a PBEM game. Got the message from Tools4fools (thanks Marcus).

This will be a serious match and I'll learn from the battle any which way it goes.

Attack, short 75 rules, and will send the 3 random generated maps when you're available. More than happy to give a turn by turn AAR. I would prefer to limit the attack to 1,500 points, combined arms, only and max 25 turns on a small map to medium map. I've no preferrence to Allied or Axis, attack or defend.

All best

Patrick

1. Charl Theron

2. Titan.

3. Eben Bratcher.

4. Harv (Confirmed)

5. Kingfish.

6. Hiram

7. Mr Spkr

8. Elvis. ( Confirmed with extra turn numbering ;)

9. Pondscum (Confirmed)

10. Berli

11. Cyberfox

12. von Shrad

13. Juju

14. Joe Private.

15. Marlow.

16. Richard Valle

17. Terence Nelan

18. Wolfcub

19. Patrick Lucero

20. KiwiJoe

21. Terence McLaughlin (Confirmed)

22. John Morse

23. Patgod (Confirmed)

24. Colonel_Deadmarsh ( Confirmed)

25. Neutral Party ( Confirmed)

26. Mikeydz ( Confirmed)

BTW guys. My bottom limit for force sizes is defender 2000 points. I feel that anything less than that just becomes a bit of an armour crap shoot sometimes and I don't enjoy that. Sorry but I thought I had mentioned that before. Upper limit is about 4000 or 5000 points for the defender simply because otherwise my computer dies ;)

Patrick, Hiram, you wanted smaller games. Is the above points stuff ok with you guys?

P.s. Berli, can you mention this to the Pengers who haven't replied here yet? 48 hours left for confirmation.

Originally posted by Fionn:

BTW guys. My bottom limit for force sizes is defender 2000 points. I feel that anything less than that just becomes a bit of an armour crap shoot sometimes and I don't enjoy that. Sorry but I thought I had mentioned that before. Upper limit is about 4000 or 5000 points for the defender simply because otherwise my computer dies ;)

Patrick, Hiram, you wanted smaller games. Is the above points stuff ok with you guys?

"It is well with my soul..."

Sorry, had a hymnal moment there. Can I buy 2000 points worth of boats and snipers? I still like the Washington crossing the Delaware idea.

... 9. I would also appreciate if people would let me know if their aim is to rack up a win OR if their aim is just to learn. The reason for this is that I play differently if the game is just intended as a learning experience... I won't be as rough etc and won't try to end it as quickly ( since a bit of extra play time helps people extract more lessons IMO) and decisively. Sadly enough a couple of people in the past figured they'd up their chances of a win if they told me they wanted to learn and then min-maxed everything and came into the game ueber-competitively. I will take a "dim" view of this. I LOVE a good challenge and a tough game but there's no need to be sneaky about it...

I know some people see a difference between loosing and learning. I don't. So if you really the Ãœber-Fionn as everyone says, I would be proud get my butt kick. I'm always happy to learn some new tricks.

P.s. Berli, can you mention this to the Pengers who haven't replied here yet? 48 hours left for confirmation.

Why certainly. I had forgotten that you are only an honorary knight and therefore are too much a wuss to post your challenge yourself. Glad to help out with your lack of yarbles

Dear Fionn,

You have an ever growing list of rules by which these engagements are to be carried out. I do not think that my one small request is too much to ask. Heck, I don't even know what the short 75, long 76 rules are. I know where to find them so that when my turn comes up I will be ready but I am only asking a little thing. Thank you for your anticipated compliance with my request.

Love,

Elvis

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Fionn,

You have an ever growing list of rules by which these engagements are to be carried out. I do not think that my one small request is too much to ask. Heck, I don't even know what the short 75, long 76 rules are. I know where to find them so that when my turn comes up I will be ready but I am only asking a little thing. Thank you for your anticipated compliance with my request.

Love,

Elvis

That wouldn't have anything to do with numbering turns, now would it?

Originally posted by NightGaunt:

that is an impressive list.

to: michael and larson

BUG OFF!!!

no one forced you to click on this thread, if you aren't intersted, skip it if it has FIONN in the title.

That is currently half the friggin board! :D

heehee

EDIT - it could be worse, it could be FATMOUSE FATMOUSE FATMOUSE...

[ June 06, 2002, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Elvis,

;). Gees man. You bring the Pool humour into the thread and then when I respond in similar vein ( whoever heard of numbering emails for christ's sake) you take me all ueber-serious.

Of course I don't have a problem with sending you un-numbered files ( I'll save them on my computer in numbered format for record-keeping purposes... Recently I counted and figured out I had over 2 GB of PBEM movies saved. YIKES!!! ). Seriously, you joked with me, I joked back. You're a Penger for God's sake ;) . Start acting like one ;) .

P.s. Well, if you're joking start using more smileys ;) . I know Peng has this mysterious anti-smiley thing going ( although he won't after I'm finished with the Poolers hehe ;) ) but here in the Outerboards you can get away with using them ;)

*extends hand*

[ June 06, 2002, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Fionn ]

Ahh Fionn, so glad my message did make it to you. I remind you that you always feel so good trouncing one in my profession. I remind you too of my status in the pool, although quiet of late you never can get the stains out, mores the pity.

I await your pleasure Herr Doktor (or what ever your current status is...........

Look, Ive explained this before, old boy. Its perfectly simple: the bally Germans put a MACHINEGUN NEST in the church. I had to blast the church to pieces to SAVE it. How many times do I have to explain?

Ha!

Yes, I'll happily play. I agree to all your conditions, and will state for the record that I asked for a game in the first place so that I could improve. Learning is definitely my goal.

Looking fwd to it..

Hello,

Thanks to Robert (Tomcat) for pointing this thread out to me or it would have been missed.

Fionn, I certainly appreciate the offer but as I am certain you can understand I have RL obligations keeping me from playing any games right now. I would like to ask, if you are willing, that you let Terence McLaughlan aka CDIC have my slot. He is a worthy opponent and certainly most worthy of a shameless spanking. :D

Regards,

Eben

Dear Fionn,

My previous post of 6 June, 2002 was meant to be a tongue in cheek shot at you. However humor can sometimes be lost in the one dimentional communication that is written word. It is a well known fact that I am the most gifted writer in the cesspool and I am fiercely proud of it.

Apologies if I offended and piss off if I didn't.

Love,

Elvis

P.S. Wanker.

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Fionn,

My previous post of 6 June, 2002 was meant to be a tongue in cheek shot at you. However humor can sometimes be lost in the one dimentional communication that is written word. It is a well known fact that I am the most gifted writer in the cesspool and I am fiercely proud of it.

Apologies if I offended and piss off if I didn't.

Love,

Elvis

P.S. Wanker.

Isn't it actually two dimensional? Guess you're more gifted at writing than at spatial relationships, huh? tongue.gif