Sound mod request : rain

I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to play with the volume cranked right up to get maximum immersion. Unfortunately I find I can't do this when it's raining (in-game obviously), at least not for extended periods. The rain sounds extremely monotonous and very loud in relation to the other sounds. It's almost like white noise or radio static.

In fact roaring tropical rainstorms are rather exceptional in Western Europe, especially in winter.

If anyone could come up with a more palatable sound for rain, I for one would much appreciate it.

Originally posted by Scipio:

Visit the CM mod section of WarfareHQ.

I hope you are pleased.

I'm getting an error on the rain link. Can you help?

Also, I downloaded your Scipio sound pak a year or so back. Are the files you now list any different or better? Do I need to download again?

Thanks,

Jake

Folks,

I'm sorry, must have happend when I maintained the site. The broken link is fixed now.

Lawyer Yes, I recomment to download them again, cause I made many updates around Chrismas last year.

I have a rain mod sound I made myself, very immersive, but its 17megs! Just some nice stereo mic recordings. It goes for about 1 min 40 secs. Just too big to put online I'm afraid.

Extremely well recorded and its stereo. Very crisp and clean. Don't mean to boast, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better one. Most of the ones out there sound a bit muffled and hissy for my tastes.

It doesn't have any background battle sounds though, just a melodius rain and thunder, quite relaxing smile.gif

Though some people will probably find it too present, ie the rain sounds quite close to the player.

[ April 01, 2002, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: CoolColJ ]