Time regimes

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sgt Colon:

[...] but the centre of the world is GMT and CMBO is international, lets get with it!!! <hr></blockquote>

If you're going to be that way, do it right. It's "UTC" and has been for years. GMT is from the days of the British Empire - 'Greenwich Mean Time'.

And it's a silly request anyway.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aaronb:

If you're going to be that way, do it right. It's "UTC" and has been for years. GMT is from the days of the British Empire - 'Greenwich Mean Time'.

And it's a silly request anyway.<hr></blockquote>

Gee, obviously no one told the mainframe and unix developers that (ever looked in your email headers as well?). :D

However, on a more serious note, when I saw the title of the thread, I thought someone else had noticed that FO's seem to work on a different time scheme to the rest of the world, in the game. Ever notice that a "minute" for an FO can last a great deal longer than a single turn?

I took this post as a stand against the creeping evil of American cultural imperialism which besets our Old Continent, the true berth of western civilization. As such I wanted to voice my support for it.

And now if you'll excuse me, I've got 542 taped Jerry Springer shows to get back to.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sgt_Kelly:

[QB creeping evil of American cultural imperialism.[/QB]<hr></blockquote>

(sigh) I just love that phrase. It brings back all the warm feelings I got watching "Gilligan's Island" and "Car 54 Where Are You?"

(Sniffs back a tear)

Guest PondScum

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brian:

However, on a more serious note, when I saw the title of the thread, I thought someone else had noticed that FO's seem to work on a different time scheme to the rest of the world, in the game. Ever notice that a "minute" for an FO can last a great deal longer than a single turn?<hr></blockquote>

FO's count down at half-real-time if they are targetting something out of LOS, or if they're moving.