SOP orders for CMBB, like TacOps 4

The fundamental issue here is that Combat Mission mixes two things together it shouldn't mix together: direction/movement/speed and behaviour.

The combined commands like sneak and move imply all of moving, the speed and he behaviour on contact. This is entirely unsatisfying and the behaviour setting should be seperated, in SOP setting like TacOps has.

Pak, the move to contact command works quite well for recon vehicles actually smile.gif Using the command they will move until they do spot an enemy unit, at which point they will halt. If the enemy unit has the ability to take them out they will then get the hell out of there more often than not smile.gif

Dan

Originally posted by Bruce70:

I think you should be able to set certain SOPs before a battle but I think it would detract from the game if you were able to change them during the battle.

A good idea to me. But how about also if you take a flag, the ability is then made to change certain SOPs? Just the idea to discuss and share idea. i think for maybe games down teh road a ways.

Thats all

Phan

Obviously you need to change the SOPs during gameplay.

The TacOps model resets part of the SOPs when used. You can then set them again manually when you want them, but you don't get them a gazillion of times withint he same turn.

As for move to contact, that again is a combined command, but from the TacOps model missing such subteleties (?) as "unload loaded infantry when a) fired on B) shooting yourself c) spot enemy". You cannot blend SOPs of this richness into commands, you need seperate settings for SOPs and movement.

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Pak, the move to contact command works quite well for recon vehicles actually smile.gif Using the command they will move until they do spot an enemy unit, at which point they will halt. If the enemy unit has the ability to take them out they will then get the hell out of there more often than not smile.gif

Dan

Thanks for the description, Dan. I wasn't aware that they would back out of trouble.