BTS :Question ref purchase of US version by UK Bloke

Hi BTS

I am fully aware of your deal with CDV and inability of us UK & Euro (note subtle seperating smile.gif ) customers to order the US version directly but is it possible for me (us) to purchase the US Version from your site if we have it shipped to a US address (at least initially smile.gif ) ?

I ask this as I would prefer the US version but am having problem finding a suitable user friendly method of passing on required money to several generous Pbem opponnents who have offered to obtain Cmbb on my behalf.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am getting desperate now that your pre-ordering is functional !! :(

Oops quick edit : does any other board user know of decent method of passing on US$ from UK eg are Royal Mail Postal Orders cashable in US ?

Cheers

[ September 07, 2002, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: Gary Barr ]

Originally posted by Gary Barr:

...are Royal Mail Postal Orders cashable in US ?

Since literally billions in dollars/pounds sterling/euros cross the Atlantic every day (mostly electronically) I can't see why not. As long as neither of our countries has declared bankruptcy the transaction should present no difficulties. Some delays are possible though. If you can arrange an electronic transfer, that would be faster.

Michael

I would suspect the Royal Mail sells international money orders, just as Canada Post and the USPS does. Best to enquire at your local bank.

Also, I find many banks in the US differ in their ability/willingness to cash said "foreign" money orders, even if in US dollars. Some will charge a significant fee, others won't - I've learned this from my ebay dealings.

I thought the whole point of ordering items on-line was to cut out the middleman. Sadly we now have CDV involved and look at the mess and confusion that has caused! I've been a great fan of CMBO and can't believe we in Europe have been so let down! That said CMBB seems even better than CMBO if that was possible!

Originally posted by Gary Barr:

[snips]

Oops quick edit : does any other board user know of decent method of passing on US$ from UK eg are Royal Mail Postal Orders cashable in US ?

In my experience, the easiest and cheapest way to move US dollars around the world by paper mail is in the form of traveller's cheques. Your high-street bank branch will do them for you cheaper than international money orders, account transfers or thaumaturgical deposits from Gringott's Bank.

Otherwise I've found PayPal works fine for me if the payee is prepared to use it.

All the best,

John.

Hi all

Thanks for all the tips on how I can spend my ill gotten gains smile.gif

I am still torn between ordering the US version indirectly with added hassle/expense involved or waiting for the UK release (which will happen eventually I am told ! smile.gif ) at lesser expense but with Cdv copy-protection hassle.

Decisions decisions.........

Cheers

Originally posted by Tacitus:

I've been a great fan of CMBO and can't believe we in Europe have been so let down!

We will have to learn living with the fact that we Europeans are the unloved stepchildren of the CM family :(

But apart from that, I think CMBB is a fantastic game. I want it! smile.gif