Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

1.01 - No snow on the ground in the south - Why?

Wow, the forums really are messed up. Just bumping this to see where it ends up. If you click on my profile and see recent posts the titles are all wrong. This post seemed to have disappeared (and changed titles, as far as my profile is concerned anyway).

Guys, have you done some descent testing with this with 1.01 out of interest? Charles tells me snow should now be more likely in the lower regions as well. If its not the case let me know and Ill pass it onto Charles.

Dan

[ November 21, 2002, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]

KwazyDog I really appreciate that you reacted to this, thank you!

I just tested 20 QBs in the south.

10 in 1941 December - 0 times snow on the ground

10 in 1943 January - 0 times snow on the ground

And in both occasions, the game will default to COLD weather. At the Don in January 1943 it was around -30 Celsius. More like extreme cold to me. And the ground was snow covered.

As I understand it for South and Central regions you will still need to have it snowing to get snow on the ground. This is a byproduct of the fact that Charles is a bodyless brain floating in a nutrient tank and hasn't himself actually ever encountered snow before, or even the outdoors.

We will see if we can get this rectified in 1.02, the snow that is. ;)

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

This is a byproduct of the fact that Charles is a bodyless brain floating in a nutrient tank and hasn't himself actually ever encountered snow before, or even the outdoors.

Madmatt

Okay..that response was classic.

Frank

As I understand it for South and Central regions you will still need to have it snowing to get snow on the ground. We will see if we can get this rectified in 1.02, the snow that is. ;)

Madmatt

Of course, one can still create snowy ground without the weather being "snowing" by using the scenario editor and then loading that "custom map" when you do your QB. So all is not lost.

[ November 22, 2002, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]

Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

As I understand it for South and Central regions you will still need to have it snowing to get snow on the ground. We will see if we can get this rectified in 1.02, the snow that is. ;)

Madmatt

Of course, one can still create snowy ground without the weather being "snowing" by using the scenario editor and then loading that "custom map" when you do your QB. So all is not lost.</font>

This is a byproduct of the fact that Charles is a bodyless brain floating in a nutrient tank and hasn't himself actually ever encountered snow before

Madmatt

After studying the portrait, I'm not at all convinced you can't just open the top and pour him out into some snow.