Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How to move track damaged tanks

I had a Tiger rendered immobile by a artillery hit just below a nice little hill so I came up right behind him with another Tiger I pushed him up enough where he had a lovely view of the oncoming assault force and that Tiger crew earned their Iron Crosses that day..

Dave

Shunting a bogged in vehicle with another vehicle is not something I would consider trying.

Would the shunting vehicle be at a risk of bogging due to the close proximity of the boggy terrain that the bogged in vehicle is in?

(all this talk of bogs reminds me that I need the toilet!)

I think it depends on what your pushing with too. I tried pushing a immobile Sherman (from bogging) with an M8 and when the M8 got up to it it acted like armored units do on the move when they run into each other. The AI backed her up and plotted a path around the immobile Sherman. Bummed me out. (and I tried it more than once)

Originally posted by Commander:

I think it depends on what your pushing with too. I tried pushing a immobile Sherman (from bogging) with an M8 and when the M8 got up to it it acted like armored units do on the move when they run into each other. The AI backed her up and plotted a path around the immobile Sherman. Bummed me out. (and I tried it more than once)

Maybe that was my problem - I was trying to push a Sherman with two Ram Kangaroos. I thought that it would work because of the Ram's higher power/weight ratio, but maybe the computer throws the Ram in the same class as a HT in terms of pushing things out of the way.