Destruction of Bridges

Hi All

I am a newbie who has both CMBO and CMBB for the last few months. I cannot say how awesome both of these products are. Being an old S&T playtester from the early 70's all I can say is WOW. I spend all my free time playing and experimenting with the games in fact I think I forgot how to sleep. I also lurk in the background and love all the great info in these forums.

I have one problem that has come up recently in a scenario I designed that involves the destruction of bridges. I have read the manual a hundred times.. looked thru the forums but I can't seem to make my engineer squads blow up a bridge (tall short makes no difference) I know I am probably missing a basic concept but at this point I need some HELP.

Also if any newbies are interested in PBEM please let me know (my e-address is posted in my profile)

Thanx

Hey

I'm have no actual experience of this yet as I still haven't recieved my copy of CMBO, but I think I have read somewhere that on the scn editor if you load the bridge area with mines then get you're engineers to satchel charge it that will blow up the bridge. No idea if this works but probably worth a try.

Will be interested in PBEM as soon as I get my copy.

Regards

Tom

you can do that even in CMBO.

place mines on a bridg.

to do that you should replace the bridge tile in the editor for an open grass tile.

Than place the mines on the map,use several (4) ones.

Than place the bridge back in the editor.

Have engineers go to it,6 democharges will do the job.

The light brigdes can be blown up using all kind of HE weapons.

Do a test if you want to be sure.

The big 14 inch spotter guns do that fine smile.gif

you can do that even in CMBO.

place mines on a bridge.

to do that you should replace the bridge tile in the editor for an open grass tile.

Than place the mines on the map,use several (4) ones.

Than place the bridge back in the editor.

Have engineers go to it,6 democharges will do the job.

The light brigdes can be blown up using all kind of HE weapons.

Do a test if you want to be sure.

The big 14 inch spotter guns does that fine smile.gif

Well Thanks for all the great input. Utilizing this info I did some testing.

In CMBB I can blow up the bridges (wood and small stone) with area fire from engineers (average of 4-6 demo charges for wood, 7-10 for stone) I also can place mine fields under the bridge as described and you can cut the demo charges in half.

In CMBO I can place mine fields under the bridge but I cant get my engineers to go after the mine fields or the bridges with demo charges (No area fire for demo charges) but try to send your squad across that bridge and those mines work just fine smile.gif

Guess I will have to rework my scenario into CMBB.

Thanx for the replies...

Originally posted by Fredrock1957:

Well Thanks for all the great input. Utilizing this info I did some testing.

In CMBB I can blow up the bridges (wood and small stone) with area fire from engineers (average of 4-6 demo charges for wood, 7-10 for stone) I also can place mine fields under the bridge as described and you can cut the demo charges in half.

In CMBO I can place mine fields under the bridge but I cant get my engineers to go after the mine fields or the bridges with demo charges (No area fire for demo charges) but try to send your squad across that bridge and those mines work just fine smile.gif

Guess I will have to rework my scenario into CMBB.

Thanx for the replies...

it takes a while for the cmbo engineers to toss them. plus you need them to get close. i made a whole scenario out of it.