Has anyone played CMBB on a P3 500 or 600?

I was a beta tester and have a P3 500

256 RAM, 16 megs video memory and lots

of hard drive space. I would not get

a new PC just for CMBB. Sure as the map

gets larger and the texture density thicker

the graphics will slow down. In the editor

large maps take a while to load

- good excuse to grab a cup of

coffee or a beer. The PC calculation

of each turn is slower than CMBO.

However, you can get your $$ worth of

enjoyment with these PCs for sure - IMHO.

I would like to hear the opinion of someone

who has a better video card in an older

PC and see if that helps.

Kevin

Boots and Tracks

Kevin Kinscherf

My back-up system is a AMD 550 with 128 megs of ram and a geforce mx 400 with 64 megs of ram.

its taking an average of 19 seconds think time on the yelena stare mission , and the graphics during game play look smooth to me , but as I have said before ,wile playing Combat Mission I have no other programs running in the background.

I think this helps.....

bnickb

I highly doubt that performance will be any better with the full version compared to the Demo. In fact it could possibly be a tad bit worse since it has to load up larger sound files, etc.

You may want to be more specific about your problem. Which scenario and what view level were you at ? Have you run a modded version of CMBO with your computer and how does the Demo compare with that ?

A Radeon should work fine with CMBB (with the exception of fog). Though there are users here who have found out about a problem with the drivers where turn calculation (probably not what you're speaking about here) takes longer when they have an unit selected. They had to use a tweaker program for the Radeon to disable 'Z-Mask'. Also, if you have FSAA (Smoothvision) on it may reduce the performance quite a bit.

[ September 21, 2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]