For Australians Part Deux

Hi

For tthose of you interested in British in NW Europe.

Try ABC (that's the Australian Broadcasting Corporation) on Tuesday 2APR02 at 0125 hrs (local time across the country). "They were not divided" (1950) is the story of two "pals" one English one American who join the Guards (prior to Pearl Harbor). They end up in Guards Armoured Division.

Made with authentic equipment (much of it just coming out of service with UK forces). Even the elusive Bren tripod makes an appearance (if I remember correctly)....

(Notable for Terrance Young (Dir) later director of the first 3 Bond movies and Demond Llewelyn of similar vein and a little know actor named Christopher Lee...)

Edward.

Originally posted by edward_n_kelly:

Hi

For tthose of you interested in British in NW Europe.

Try ABC (that's the Australian Broadcasting Corporation) on Tuesday 2APR02 at 0125 hrs (local time across the country). "They were not divided" (1950) is the story of two "pals" one English one American who join the Guards (prior to Pearl Harbor). They end up in Guards Armoured Division.

Made with authentic equipment (much of it just coming out of service with UK forces). Even the elusive Bren tripod makes an appearance (if I remember correctly)....

Edward.

I'll put it on the same tape as "Theirs is the Glory" - the story of Arnhem (no actors - just those who were there - Paras playing Paras etc, shot on the battlefield) Good footage of Panzer III, V and VIa in action and a burning VIb (presumably a wreck not yet recovered). Black and White but it was filmed in 1946!

The ABC plays this roughly once a year but keep looking in your local guides.

[ March 31, 2002, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

Originally posted by Stixx:

0125!!!

Ya gotta be kiddin!

Brian, you can tape it and send it to me ;)

I charge my usual price - you prepared to pay?

One bottle of reasonable red, price not to exceed $AU10.00.

Thanks Ned for the headsup BTW. I'll also be putting it on my "Theirs is the Glory" tape. I'll pass it onto JonS as well, with the other tapes. He can't help living on Sydney's breakwater, out of reach of the ABC's signal. ;)

Originally posted by Priest:

Now Stixxy be nice, Mace is correct, I mean I know I could do it!

Yeah but you have a bloody sleeping disorder that we are all well aware of by now...

I swear, you must be the only living Brain donor!.