Scunthorpe has Received

Yes, yes Scunthorpe has received and dressed in the purest un-dyed cotton, oiled, perfumed and shawn of any body hair I've been worthy to load IT ON THE HARD DISC DRIVE.

Of course, I've absolutely no idea how anything works but everything looks suitably spunky... THE PADDOCK IS OSTFRONTISED.

Big thanks to Karen and Dan for helping me out, big thanks indeed for the wonderful book that came with the game... wonderful!

Yeknod

[ September 27, 2002, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Is this the one and only Scunthorpe? If so...sod off. :D

Seriously though, I have a knackered CD burner and a sub standard inkjet printer - maybe then we could bid for publishing/distribution rights for the UK.

I wish I had gone with my gut instinct and got someone to get it from the states...instead I fell for the old 'it'll be out in two weeks' line :mad:

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Yes, yes Scunthorpe has received and dressed in the purest un-dyed cotton, oiled, perfumed and shawn of any body hair I've been worthy to load IT ON THE HARD DISC DRIVE.

Of course, I've absolutely no idea how anything works but everything looks suitably spunky... THE PADDOCK IS OSTFRONTISED.

Big thanks to Karen and Dan for helping me out, big thanks indeed for the wonderful book that came with the game... wonderful!

Yeknod

GAWD!! What sodding use does a DONKEY have for CMBB?? There aren't even any mules modelled in it AFAIK!!

And the manual? I s'pose to you it tastes better than thorny thistle and the extra pages are sort of a dessert, but hey! Unlike some dumb Asses, I REALLY DO WANT THIS GAME. Unfortunately I appear to be living on another planet as far as postal services are concerned (eg: ODD STRAYLIANA - somewhere past Pluto).

So feel free to space-post your useless copy to me directly (reverse charegs would be fine) and resume your fouling of tha Scungethorpian paddocks.

Grrrrr......... :mad: :mad:

AJ

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Well, AussieJeff, if you were bright (I know that is stretching the bounds of plausability), you would have had some kindly Yank order it and ship it to you. I'm sure Goanna can e-mail you some screenshots

Berli, I'm sure Das Uberlizard would LOVE to rub it in. hehe. I believe I deluded myself into thinking:

[bravo] I was one of the first to pre-order

[foxtrot] Sydney is only 2 days away by Airmail from US.

[charlie] Sydney is only 2 days away by Airmail from Perth.

[ergo] Perth is only 1 day away from my 'burb

therefore I SHOULD by all rights already be playing THE GAME.

But alas, the postman hasn't knocked twice.....

Sigh............

Back to game #37 of Yeltsin Square.

AJ

Originally posted by Seanachai:

SCUNTHORPE, SCUNTHORPE, SCUNTHORPE, OI, OI, OI!

Man, that just reeks. How can you lot do any bloody cheers? What, was that city given the last name in Britain after all the other burroughs chose?

*Pssst*. Are you following me? I'll race you to the next thread!! 5,4,3,2,1....GO!!

AJ

[ September 29, 2002, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Hi all

I wish I had gone with my gut instinct and got someone to get it from the states...instead I fell for the old 'it'll be out in two weeks' line :mad: [/QB]
Yes didnt we all ! I have now gone with guts (bit messy....boom boom.....but worth it)

The list of places in receipt of Cmbb before us/me is ever increasing as far flung as United Arab Emirates Hong Kong and now Scunthorpe ! :D

As a little touch of irony/surrealism here is a line from my BTS Order Confirmation Email (hope BTS dont mind my reproducing here ?)

And I quote :

For European customers you order is being shipped from Ireland.

CMBB is on MY island in its full version !!! :eek:

However rather than drive a couple of hours to get it I have obtain one from several thousand miles away ! truly amazing or what ? :confused:

Some things are sent to try us or in CDV parlance some things are not sent to really try us :D

Hi Fitz

Originally posted by fitz:

Hey Gary, I can read maps(just about) if you need a navigator,hint hint.

Amazing aint it :rolleyes:

I would consider an incursion south of 'the' border however have you tried buying a single stocking these days !? and that green cammo paint just does not go with my eyes :D

Originally posted by Manx:

"S****horpe has Recieved",

We'll all be sleepin' soundly in our beds tonite! Anyway, what we all want to know is: just who DID put the **** in S****horpe?

Unsurprisingly, there is a Scandinavian connection to the name... (natsch natsch, wink wink, say no more...)

Scandinavians have more fun, obviously...