A few questions

hi, i just Dl the demo and am playing it. my germans have a spotter for mortars but i can figure out how to use them. i looked in the instructions on how to use them but nothing. is it disabled in the demo? and is there any guestimation on when CM2 will be out?

To get your spotters to work you need to target an area on the map. If you can see it (blue line) the better, otherwise blocked LOS (red and black line) will decrease accuracy dramatically. It takes a minute or two to get the coordinates to the battery and for them to begin firing so you'll have to wait a bit. There is a timer located on the HUD when you select the spotter. After setting the initial target area, you can make minor corrections (green line) without as severe a time penalty. Go outside the radius and the battery will have to recalibrate and you'll wait the full 1 or 2 minutes again.

Release date for CMBB is unknown other than a generic "early summer" and the ubiqitous "when its done"

Hi,

What happens when you click on the spotter unit?

You should get the Orders Menu. From there you can use the Line of Sight tool to check if you can see a target. Then you can select TARGET from the Orders Menu and extend the target line to the area or unit you want to bombard. A click on that unit and the line should 'stick'. In the Information Box for your spotter it should show you how much time in minutes you can expect the shells to begin falling. But the AI has its own clock so this is an estimate. There is also an indirect fire method where an officer can spot for your spotter, who can remain hidden.

That is lesson 2.

Tutorial Toad

buy the game.

yes there's tournies, rumbles, ladders, whatever.

Playing CM will definitely help you when CMBB comes out. The basics [buy the game]will be the same. Some of the little [best $50 I ever spent]tricks won't work [too addictive] anymore. smile.gif

buy the game.

-marc s