Do we have Members from the Eastern Front here?

Originally posted by -E:

I went to the East Coast once! (That's JUST like being on the East Front from what I could tell!)

Heh. No ****. I turned around and beat it back to the West Coast as fast as my little hitchiking thumb could carry me.

Like Jim Morrison once put it: "The West is the Best."

smile.gif

Michael

I got an ex-Waffen-SS penpal named Werner living in Inverness Scotland,he served as a Panther radio-operator at Tarnopol on the East Front,then later was a Tiger commander with Hitlerjugend Div in Normandy before the British knocked out his Tiger killing the rest of his crew."But after capture they treated me very well.They knew I was just a soldier doing my job"

He was sent to a POW camp in Scotland,married a local girl after the war and settled down with her there. I'll ask him if he wants to contribute a piece for this forum.

I got an ex-Waffen-SS penpal named Werner living in Inverness Scotland,he served as a Panther radio-operator at Tarnopol on the East Front,then later was a Tiger commander with Hitlerjugend Div in Normandy before the British knocked out his Tiger killing the rest of his crew."But after capture they treated me very well.They knew I was just a soldier doing my job"

He was sent to a POW camp in Scotland,married a local girl after the war and settled down with her there. I'll ask him if he wants to contribute a piece for this forum.

This sounds familar.... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by -E:

I went to the East Coast once! (That's JUST like being on the East Front from what I could tell!)

Heh. No ****. I turned around and beat it back to the West Coast as fast as my little hitchiking thumb could carry me.

Like Jim Morrison once put it: "The West is the Best."

smile.gif

Michael</font>