Bitmap 1116 and Interface Conversion for SL nuts

I think it's exclusively for the French FO. Don't ask me why. :confused:

Edit: Just checked and the above is NOT true. I'll see what goes.

2nd edit: Hmmm... Probably just me, but it doesn't seem to belong to any of the allies. I'm certain it's not US or British, but in the other three nationalities it doesn't seem to show up either. Can't help you there, sorry.

Maybe it's one of them redundant BMP's like 1634 (scout command) that didn't make it into the final game. It's also one of the only original files I seem to have.

[ April 16, 2002, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Juju ]

Or friend Mr. 1123, in his dapper olive green helmet with matching radio handset(?) and an exceedingly fine mustache, is a proud icon for the American Airborne artillary spotters, '44 through '45. Get yours today!

Topographical Coordinate Action Map, Fire For Effect Fedora, and totally rad VT Shades sold separately.

[ April 16, 2002, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Officer Meatbeef ]

Now that is awesome!

For us old timers who prefer SPI to AH, could you do a Sniper! or Patrol! interface? What about Up Front? and for the die-hard Victory Games fan, you can't leave out Ambush!. The closet Yaquinto crowd wants Close Assault. Do you have any idea what you've started here?

Dammit, that is friggin' fantastic! I must have it! Deanco, I luv ya, but that brings back such old memories that I just can't live without it. Michael, can you email it or something?

(me kowtows to you)

ianc

Hah, second damn post...

Another thing I miss and would love to see is those famous SL/ASL leader names. How many times did Lt. Stahler (9-2) route the red hordes for me? Is there a way to change the leader names in CM, or are they hard-coded?

ianc

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The trouble is, I'm breaking so many copyright violations, no one would dream of hosting this.

I'll do it anytime anyway ... ;) My "site" is just a storage space and has no pages, so world will have ended before Hasblown find out... :D:D

This ASL interface is just great and revives fond memories !!

IIRC Leader names CAN be edited in Scenario editor, but comes randomly for QB (and no data file is used to find them, so they're hardcoded).

I suppose Deanco can attest to the fact that this is like eating potato chips; I was working on some historical unit portraits yesterday at 3 pm when it occurred to me to try and put a SL counter in its place. 9 hours later, I had gone a lot farther than I intended.

Agua, I did get your email. I suppose I should send out what I have for testing; interested parties can email me - basically I have the 3D interface modded with the exception of the play buttons, etc. I need I good test of it - some of the letters are off centre on the bitmaps, there are inconsistiencies in type styles (upper/lower case etc.) and I am not sure I like the colour schemes of some of the lettering; any comments would be appreciated. I want to do some splash screens and mod the rest of the interface as well, not sure what I want to do with some of the screens yet.

I will pay credit to MacGowan, Kibler, and the other Avalon Hill artists in the Read Me - if anyone has any info regarding ASL graphics or has any idea who did the counter art, for example, I would be interested in knowing that so I can give a proper credit.

Incidentally - I notice the order of the orders MENU seems to be random in some cases - is this correct? ie the RUN command. I had wanted to do the orders menu in alternating grey and white,with a pink border,like the QRDC or the IFT, but if the commands are randomized, it might not turn out properly. Has anyone done any research on this aspect?

Originally posted by Gyrene:

Mike, your movement arrows, they are homely.

I would make you new ones.

Now figure out a way to get Heroes and Single Man Counters in CM and I'll marry you.

Gyrene

I would use new arrows if you would make me new ones. Bear in mind when I save these as .jpgs, some fuzziness creeps in, but I am less than impressed with the arrows - I was going to go in and use the line tool to straighten up the edges, but if you have a better idea, I am certainly open to suggestion!