Get yer Bunkers and Factories at Tom's!

Dear Tom,

Sorry, sorry, sorry to bug you with this request again, but will the no-frame version of your site soon be available?

CodeBrain's 'Yak' applet used in your buttons is blocked by my hardware firewall - I know nothing about site-building but would it be difficult to use some other "button-code"? The 'Yak' applet seems to use some ports which other buttons on other sites do not use.

Thanks for a great site.

Best regards

Mr. Die Easy

Mr Die Easy (love that nick)

Would my using Zone Alarm Pro conflicting with this Zak applet cause Tom's page to stop responding on my computer?

I am a bit hesitant to keep trying things out in the effort to download those juicy mods since I have to re-boot. After I close the non-responsive window, attempting to click any link locks the rest of the system up hard.

BDH

[ October 06, 2002, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: barrold713 ]

Still can't download a thing. Password not accepted (anon.). Why is this going to an FTP anyways? Oh well, if somebody wants to zip up and email me the new terrain for CMBB mods, I'd be happy to host on my site as well...with author's permission of course.

Dear barrold713,

I am not a Java/site expert. But I am quite sure that the 'Yak' applets used by Tom's buttons try to communicate with your ports. This might make ZoneAlarm react. My hardware firewall, which I unfortunately do not have the rights to configure, are blocking the buttons on Tom's fantastic site.

Best regards

Mr. Die Easy

Gentlemen ,

there is a temporary problem with the MGO FTP Servers ( other sites hosted by MGO suffer from the same problem ) I have contacted the MGO admin , so I hope the problem will be solved during the next 24 hours.

Concerning the JAVA problem: I will exchange the JAVA navigation with a FLASH menue during the next days , but I wonder why a simple aplett like this can be blocked by a firewall. Never heard someting like that during the last 2 years.

Stay tuned

Tom