In CMBO, looking for a fast moving tank shootout.

Just into the scenario High Noon with CA playing double blind so no spoilers please. So far seems like an intense low tech tank shoot out with a bit of infantry.

Just seen a great turn with all guns blazing just hope I have done more to him than him to me. The death clock just adds so much...

So High Noon is one to play...

:D

H

With regard to The Wrong Hill, we set it up several months ago but never played. No enough open terrain.

I am looking for something more fluid. Tank vs Tank. Would play BB but Captn. Spaulding's computer does not support it well at all.

So still looking for that good ol rock and roll.

Slippin' and a Slidin' Toad

Originally posted by Kanonier Reichmann:

How did you go with The Wrong Hill C.A.? Did you win as the Canadians or as the Germans? I managed to play Michael Emrys to a draw but it wasn't easy and I was slightly on the wrong side of the ledger as the Canadians. The amount of carnage at the end of it was phenomenal! Alot of fun though.

Regards

Jim R.

Just spotted this, KR.

After winning a couple of times (barely) vs. the AI as the Canadians, I played it PBEM as the Germans against an opponent who just rocketed off the hillside with his Allied tanks. He caught a few Tigers flatfooted and killed 'em with flank shots, but eventually almost all of the Allied tanks succumbed, and the hill had no defenders left except infantry. So it was an unorthodox game, but I think I won a major victory, triggering Allied autosurrender a few turns from the end. Not sure what this proves, however. Against a careful defense, the Axis will have a tough time.

Actually, I just thought of another one: Rune's Clash of the Titans. There's a bit of infantry, but it's mostly a tank vs. tank conflict with lots of open terrain and heavy late model armor. Kingfish & I fought this one to a draw. The one downside is that once initial positions have been taken it can turn a bit static.