BFC Sales Figures released at Military Gamer Online!!!

Ok, so if you take the results of the MGO poll (575 votes so far), multiply by a projected price of 45 dollars US (not counting shipping and production costs, etc.), then divide by 5, you get $5,175. Not much of a salary for Steve, Charles, Moon, Kwazy and MM.

http://www.militarygameronline.com/insidemgo/modules.php?name=Surveys&pollID=13

Especially when you deduct the number of guys who voted multiple times. (You know who you are, you vicious bastards!)

So get cracking anyone who hasn't chimed in yet - a vote for CMBB is like 9 dollars for Steve, Moon, Kwazy, MM and Charles! Aren't these guys worth more than 5 grand per annum to you? (More like per two annums, really....)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Ok, so if you take the results of the MGO poll (575 votes so far), multiply by a projected price of 45 dollars US (not counting shipping and production costs, etc.), then divide by 5, you get $5,175. Not much of a salary for Steve, Charles, Moon, Kwazy and MM.

http://www.militarygameronline.com/insidemgo/modules.php?name=Surveys&pollID=13

Especially when you deduct the number of guys who voted multiple times. (You know who you are, you vicious bastards!)

So get cracking anyone who hasn't chimed in yet - a vote for CMBB is like 9 dollars for Steve, Moon, Kwazy, MM and Charles! Aren't these guys worth more than 5 grand per annum to you? (More like per two annums, really....)

Hee hee...He said annum!

Gyrene

Originally posted by Eric Young:

Yikes,

I'm gonna go broke!

E

Especially if you never release a freakin' demo...I keep forgetting my login to your message board so I can't harangue you there for it.

Actually, GI C would be second on my list, and we ARE allowed to buy more than one game...so your listing is pretty much irrelevant. If the game (ahem..demo...) is good enough, you will get your sales despite how people compare it to CMBB or anything else.

[ August 05, 2002, 03:01 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Hi,

OK, we're at about 625 now, but if you hadn't provided the link, Mike, I would have been totally ignorant of this poll. Luckily, I'm sure the CMBB boys don't just rely on people visiting that site, but over 50% of paricipants want CMBB the most. I don't even know what those other offerings are about!

Regards

Well, a more realistic figure would be to use member number. I think I've seen some in the mid 9000's lately. Figure 9500 for discussion sake, and then add about another 20% that did'nt register for a user name on the BBS... hmmm, starts to look like some real money.

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Well, a more realistic figure would be to use member number. I think I've seen some in the mid 9000's lately. Figure 9500 for discussion sake, and then add about another 20% that did'nt register for a user name on the BBS... hmmm, starts to look like some real money.

Yeah, and 200 of those are Maximus, so....

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Yeah, and 200 of those are Maximus, so....</font>

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Well I'm not going to speculate on sales figures, but I think 20% non-registered is a pretty low figure, most estimates put the lurker/poster ratio in online boards and newgroups much higher, with far more lurkers than posters. Remember you don't need to register to just read the board.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Yeah, and 200 of those are Maximus, so....</font>