CMBB: Diverse tank platoons?

Hi guys

I've poked around with the search function and haven't yet found anything to answer this, so forgive me if I'm wasting your time.

I was wondering.. if you were playing an operation with two platoons of tanks (say T-34/76s and T-70s) and you had lost half of your tanks, including one of the platoon leaders, will the game assign your surviving platoon leader the command of all the remaining tanks for the next battle? Or will a company commander be able to assume command like an infantry company commander can take command of a leaderless infantry platoon?

In other words, can two or more different types of tanks be under the influence of one leader?

Just curious.

Originally posted by fytinghellfish:

Hi guys

I've poked around with the search function and haven't yet found anything to answer this, so forgive me if I'm wasting your time.

I was wondering.. if you were playing an operation with two platoons of tanks (say T-34/76s and T-70s) and you had lost half of your tanks, including one of the platoon leaders, will the game assign your surviving platoon leader the command of all the remaining tanks for the next battle? Or will a company commander be able to assume command like an infantry company commander can take command of a leaderless infantry platoon?

In other words, can two or more different types of tanks be under the influence of one leader?

Just curious.

I dont think that BTS has said anything regarding this yet, AFAIK. So, unless you get a Beta tester to answer, thats something we will see in the game. My guess is no, that one tank platoon leader will not be able to command another tank, much like how infantry platoons work. But, perhaps CMBB will have a version of the company leader for tanks?

Chad Harrison

One Beta tester says... I don't know!

This game is so freakin' huge I haven't run into that particular problem yet. I do recall reassigning tank commanders in operations was the subject of an early bug report on the Beta board. I could tell you how it used to NOT work before it got fixed, but can't tell you how it DOES work now. At least you now know that they're aware of the topic.