Favorite scenario(s)?

As there are so many scenarios that come with the game I've only had a chance to play a small percentage. Some of those were fantastic, while others were pretty average.

I'd be interested to learn what scenarios people really enjoy and why. Perhaps you would too.

So, what's your favorite?

Haven´t tested the " big " scenarios ( my PIII500 can´t handle these ) I am so far through with the small/medium ones. " Jaegermeister " was a blast , but I spoiled most the fun since I choosed to play the Germans. The scenario description should mention that you HAVE to play the Russians here.

Another fun scenario was the Russian tank attack on the railway station ( can´t remember the name ).

Cheers

Tom

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

" Jaegermeister " was a blast , but I spoiled most the fun since I choosed to play the Germans. The scenario description should mention that you HAVE to play the Russians here.

Serves you right- don't you know that Communism is a lesser evil than Naziism!?!? smile.gif Sorry, but you really goofed that up- you should have read the *first* paragraph of the Advanced Tutorial section of the manual...

Because it walks you through it, (or something?), I decided to play it *without* reading past that first paragraph, since what is in the book will always be there... I would advise all new owners to do the same; this scenario must be one of the coolest. Here's one non-spoiling hint:

When the briefing says "They will be no match for your heavy tanks" the correct translation is "You are about to have your butt handed to you in a doggie bag".

WINTER WONDERLAND

I had no idea CMBB had real * * * * snowfall * * * How about rain!?!?!? HAIL!?!?! This scenario was pretty cute- tiny, snowy, fun... I got a Total without trying too hard, but it was also very #ANGST# provoking...

Eden

Haven't played A Deadly Affair yet but the best I have played is Balkovzy Surprise. Also, had a dandy run with with Viennese Waltz...a Berli thing of nastiness that was ripping good fun. Played it Saturday against a hammerhead sitting next to me with a laptop so we could cuss at each other the whole time. No need to type insults when you can yell them, I always say.

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

" Jaegermeister " was a blast , but I spoiled most the fun since I choosed to play the Germans.

Yep, this is a good one. Nice terrain, good mix of powerful armor and infantry. Managable size.

Look forward to trying out the others that people have mentioned. smile.gif

Originally posted by demoss:

Has anyone managed a win as the Russians in Directive Number 3? It was a fun play as the Germans, but the Russians are nothing but frustrating. IMO, they just plain don't have what it takes to get even one flag secured.

By "the R are nothing but frus" I think you mean "playing as Russians is frus", right? Assuming that, I will be a manly type of man (but sensitive too) and admit that I think I'm on turn 23 or so, and I don't think I have the heart to finish it. My first time through this is definitely a bad day for the Party.

To be fair, maybe I could hang on to that one flag for another seven turns, if I really wanted seven more turns of punishment. And I did lose about half of my heavies early on through masterful use of the Zen and the Art of DumbStupid, but still... this scenario definitely has a high-frus factor!!

Since misery loves company, let me ask you if what I find the worst is what bothers you- it's these "Green" guys. How GREEN can you BE?!?

I had one guy who took a pounding for an entire minute and a half, hole after hole after hole into the side of his turret... all he had to do was scoot just a wee bit either way and he would have been out of danger, but he just SAT THERE!!! These guys are just TOO aggravating!

All of which means two things:

1) I will have to play this scenario again immediately!

2) I am either going to love this scenario, or despise it

Kinda love it already tho... smile.gif

Eden