Ultimate soldier Toys has anybody had a look at them?

I bought a Tiger1 at Toy`s r us at 1/18 scale and it was right down to the very last detail it was real cool they also had a bunch of other ww2 armor i was amazed of the detail I set it on my shell to admire while i play CM paid 50 buks for it but it was worth it wife did`nt like it though :D

Panther is on top of my monitor and the Tiger is on top of the computer hutch. My wife isn't really thrilled, but the computer room is the one room of the house I'm allowed to decorate. She gets the rest of the house and it works fine.

I'm currently collecting the 1:18 scale collection, iv'e got 2 halftracks, 2 tanks, a P-38 lightning, and about 10 foot soldiers. But I also went to toys r us to get my Tiger, but I payed 40 for mine. I don't recommend these for little kids though, they are to undurable to play with. I was caollecting the 1:6 scale, but it's 30 bucks for 1 foot soldier :eek: so I stopped.

cant' wait for a 1:18 scale bomber.

The company that you are referring to, 21st Century Toys , makes some great stuff. I have been collecting the 32X series. The detail is superb, and the price for the tanks & vehicles is less than a comparable kit that comes unassembled and unpainted. (Some 16 year -old in China does all the hard work so you don't have too!)

Perhaps I will have to try and spring the 1:16 scale Tiger on my wife by having it mysteriously show up on my computer desk tongue.gif;)

Assuming we're talking the 1/18th scale stuff, I find it pretty impressive, though the troops would look better in matte finish. I had the Panther on extended loan, but my space cramped friend made it mine. Recently, he added an MG equipped Kubel and some German infantry to the mix. I'd really like to get the Hellcat, the Sherman and some other goodies, but money's an issue, and I really don't like supporting the PRC. Sadly, these days almost all action figures and the like come from there. The standards of craftsmanship are quite high, and there are tantalizing indicators of goodies to come. If not, why does the Panther have a working engine hatch, but nothing inside the compartment? These 'toys" are better in many ways than plastic models I've seen in competitions, but they are potentially deadly to small children, particularly

grenades and other similarly sized objects. I find they are really excellent for getting a sense of relative size and briefing newbies. The presence factor for the Panther is enormous. Haven't seen the Tiger, but I loved the Sherman. The aircraft were stunning.

Regards,

John Kettler

Yes, I love the ME-109 with the black square painted on the tail in place of the swastika, that is my favourite.

Anyone reading this is advised NOT to start buying this crap; several hundred dollars later, including a 1/6 scale Stuart tank, jeep, Kubel, Harley-Davidson M/C and several dozen figures, I kind of wish I hadn't started.

They are nice but I have to second what Michael said. That 1/6 scale M5, what was I thinking?? If I had saved all the money I spent on 21st Century and Dragon stuff I could have bought one of those Russian made R/C Tigers!

*Moral lesson on*

Yeah, Toys-R-Us was selling off their last two 1/6 JU-87's and I thought: Wow. For $45 that would be sweet! But, uh. . . . . .where the hell am I going to put it? ;)

I decided not to get it. I think what did it for me was the damn Star Wars action figures I have on my desk. I was excited to get that Jango Fett when he came out. He still looks cool with his twin pistols and all, but then I think: What a freaking waist of money. :rolleyes:

If you do decide to buy something like that, make sure it is a one-time purchase and not a new collecting habbit. It almost always ends up a waist of money.

*Moral lesson off*