Gridded CMBB Terrain-HIGH and Low res versions available now!

I added grids to all the terrain in CMBB. They're supposed to be easy to see while not being too garish and taking away from the atmosphere of the game. The style of grid is similar to the gridded version of Richard Tremblett's Velvet Grass Mod from CMBO.

---------------------------------------------

Low res

Check Out the Screenshots and Download Low-res Versions Here

In Case the Bandwidth Monkeys Strike-Gridded Lowres Available Here Too

----------------------------------------------

High res

Courtesy of Gary Krockover

My files are the ones Cpt_Wacky as the prefix.

--------------------------------------------

Thing is, totalled up the mod is a shade over 30MB. The low-res versions clock in at just under 8MB. What can I say, CMBB has a lot of grass :D I've divided them up into sets of grass, steppe, and the two versions of snow for easier downloading by you 56k monkeys. Trust me, they're worth it when it comes to spotting hull-down spots & the like.

Now if only I had a place to host them on the web...please contact me if you can.

[ September 27, 2002, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Captain Wacky ]

Originally posted by M. Bates:

Wacky, 30mb seems a lot, can you do a lower-res version? I am confident it would look practically as good, and increases the chance of it getting hosted.

Well, he did end up gridding three different ground types. PRevious hi-res grass types have weighed in at over 10 megs and since he has three, I can see the heftyness of the full on package. Hope someone comes forward with the space for the Captain (soemwhere with a fat pipe like CMHQ, obviously), his inspiration has been my favorite grass since it was introduced though other terrains have come and gone from my install of CMBO.

Guest Panzer Boxb

Captain Wacky, I received the snow version. I've set you up with Secure Shell/Copy access to one of my hosts. I'll e-mail you the particulars.

Originally posted by Panzer Boxb:

Captain Wacky, I received the snow version. I've set you up with Secure Shell/Copy access to one of my hosts. I'll e-mail you the particulars.

Unfortunately the first file I sent (10MB) couldn't get through. The files sizes are 10, 4.7 (this one you received), 6.5, and 9.6

Capt. Wacky, I just downloaded the low-res grid. Great work! Much appreciated!

I never bothered to download a grid terrain for CMBO but with the rather big maps I'm currently playing it's very helpful.

And I noticed a considerable performance boost while playing (800Mhz, 448MB RAM, GF2MX).

Thx!